PCN number not recognised when I go to pay online...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently received a PCN at a NCP car park for not displaying a ticket. Monday just gone, I arrived at the station car park where I tried two of the pay and display machines to find out that they were out of order. I wasn't prepared to go running from machine to machine in the torrential rain that we've had and to then miss my train. The car park is the biggest one on the TFL network too, so needless to say the machines are far apart. It was probably stubborn of me to not bother to get a ticket but I park there nigh on every day and for two machines to be out I assumed that the others were too also out of order...

Anyway, I get my lovely white PCN but was really annoyed that the fine was £50 if paid within 28 days, there wasn't even an option for settling in 14 days for £25. I logged on to NCP's fee paying website, put it the PCN number along with my registration number and it said that the PCN number could not be found. I have tried every day since I received this fine but it still says that it can not be found. Do you reckon I could get away with not paying this fine given that the ticket can not be found?

I recently received a PCN at a NCP car park for not displaying a ticket. Monday just gone, I arrived at the station car park where I tried two of the pay and display machines to find out that they were out of order. I wasn't prepared to go running from machine to machine in the torrential rain that we've had and to then miss my train. The car park is the biggest one on the TFL network too, so needless to say the machines are far apart. It was probably stubborn of me to not bother to get a ticket but I park there nigh on every day and for two machines to be out I assumed that the others were too also out of order...

Anyway, I get my lovely white PCN but was really annoyed that the fine was £50 if paid within 28 days, there wasn't even an option for settling in 14 days for £25. I logged on to NCP's fee paying website, put it the PCN number along with my registration number and it said that the PCN number could not be found. I have tried every day since I received this fine but it still says that it can not be found. Do you reckon I could get away with not paying this fine given that the ticket can not be found?

Is this a 'proper' PCN or a parking charge? Who is it issued on behalf of a local council/ Tfl or NCP themselves?

NCP, does this make a difference then?

website they tell me to pay via:

www.ncp.co.uk/pcn

I was going to ring them up and give a false car reg just to see if it's the car reg which they might've got wrong or whether ticket has just simply not been put on their system?

Edited by alexRs

Ok, thanks, I will have a look... My ticket states that the site is operated in accordance with the Railway Byelaws, more specifically byelaw 14 thus I assume it's not an invoice and IS enforceable?

Regardless of the aforementioned though, the fact that my ticket can not be found and I wonder, if through error of theirs, that they have mistyped my reg and/or PCN number meaning that I can not pay it online.

Ok, thanks, I will have a look... My ticket states that the site is operated in accordance with the Railway Byelaws, more specifically byelaw 14 thus I assume it's not an invoice and IS enforceable?

Regardless of the aforementioned though, the fact that my ticket can not be found and I wonder, if through error of theirs, that they have mistyped my reg and/or PCN number meaning that I can not pay it online.

If its a byelaw penalty charge then it may be enforceable but I have never heard of anyone being made to pay one if they ignore the letters sent. There are several threads on here from other people with NCP railway tickets if you use search you should find them.

The vast majority of parking tickets issued "claiming" to be under railways byelaw 14 are nothing more than standard PPC scamvoices.

If you can post a copy of it on here after removing your personal details then it can be checked as to whether it is the genuine article or not.

Every NCP 'Byelaw' ticket we have seen has in fact been a PPC ticket falsely claiming statutory powers. real Byelaw tickets go to magistrate's court but the NCP ones talk about a civil claim - thats the big giveaway. their website is immaterial, .

Every NCP 'Byelaw' ticket we have seen has in fact been a PPC ticket falsely claiming statutory powers. real Byelaw tickets go to magistrate's court but the NCP ones talk about a civil claim - thats the big giveaway. their website is immaterial, .

The bylelaw gives the rail company the authority to issue civil penalties only criminal offences go to Court.

real Railway Byelaw tickets go through magistrate's court for enforcement. See Schedule 20 of the 200 Transport Act. "2. Bye-laws may provide that any person contravening them is guilty of an offence and liable on summary conviction to a fine of an amount not exceeding— (a) level 3 on the standard scale, or (b) such lower amount as is specified in the bye-laws, for each offence."