Help and Guidance

badfugazi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5101 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There is no reason why they should need your signature if they have already been corresponding personal information to you.

If you have to, use your signature, but with a "One time flaw", like a letter the wrong way round or missing. If that signature turns up on another document you will be able to show they copied it.

I would also lodge a complaint with the information commissioner.

• Haha 1

There is no reason why they should need your signature if they have already been corresponding personal information to you.

If you have to, use your signature, but with a "One time flaw", like a letter the wrong way round or missing. If that signature turns up on another document you will be able to show they copied it.

I would also lodge a complaint with the information commissioner.

I have sent them another letter stating that they do not need my signature to send my SAR and that the clock is still running from 16/02/10. I have also sent a report to the inormation commissioner along with all the relevent letters.

Should be intresting to see if that wakes them up.

Thanks for the help.

It sounds like ftc are collecting on behalf of Crap1 as they want the cheques made out to Crap1 so the account hasn't been sold.

I think a "bemused letter" is in order, letter 17 here:

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

This should be handled within Crap1 and not passed to any fly by night crappy debt collector.

Back Again!

Sent the letter and got a reply stating that the account was on hold untill 08/03/10. Not had any other notices have they handed it back to Capone or am I being too quick off the mark?

Just as an up date, got confirmation that the information commissioner is looking into my complaint but they have a huge backlog.

Looking at other posts I am not supprised as Capone are not intrested in sorting requests out or dealing with anything at the first time of asking.:mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have still not had any reply from FTC but have now had a letter from Fredickson International who now say that they are dealing with my account for Cap1 and give a long list of things that will happen if I don't phone them.

Do I send them the same "Bemused letter" as FTC?

Might sound like a silly question but......

Thanks in advance for any help:D

• 1 month later...

Just to update:

Sent letter to fredricksons Had the "we are returning you to Capone" reply.

also had reply from information commissioner saying that Capone are within their rights to insist on a signature.

Still waiting for a reply to my SAR request (Been 42 days so far)

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for sticking my nose in but to negate the signature request all I sen t was.

I enclose copies of all the last letters I sent. This proves that a signature isn't required as you would have be admitting to breaching the 7th principle of the Data Protection Act.

Last Letter being CCA request statements etc.

Again sorry if it has been resolved but anyone else that might be wondering about the signature request only has to send the DPA statement.

Edited by Jimmystix

Sorry for sticking my nose in but to negate the signature request all I sen t was.

I enclose copies of all the last letters I sent. This proves that a signature isn't required as you would have be admitting to breaching the 7th principle of the Data Protection Act.

Last Letter being CCA request statements etc.

Again sorry if it has been resolved but anyone else that might be wondering about the signature request only has to send the DPA statement.

Good info.

It has been resolved (Sort of) but still no SAR. The last thing I got was 2 days ago, yet another copy of my application form and a letter stating that my request was now comlpeted!

Don't know I ishould reply or just let them get on with what ever it is they think they are doing.