Help on Hire Purchase agreement pls!

golden_uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was wondering if someone can help me

I have Hire purchase agreement with a balloon payment. I have made alla payments and now the balloon payment is due, I tried to re-finance but they said they have stopped offering these type of loans. I do not have to make the balloon payment so offered to return the car.

The form they have sent me to sign states that they will sell the car and I will be liable to short falls. The initial amount was 43K I have paid 35k and the balloon is 19k. What if they sell undervalue which is very possible say for 10k will I be liable for the remaining 9k? That does not seem right to me.

I would appreciate your views.

thanks

Hi,

What ever the agreement was, when you took it out, still stands whether they 'have stopped offering these types of loans' or not.

Is it one of those 'part purchase, part lease' agreements where you have the option of returning the car with no futher payments (providing you keep within a certain mileage and car is in good condition) or making a final payment which was specified at the start?