Soph v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well thought I would start a thread as i have a couple of questions... have looked through but can't find my precise answers i think... well maybe I need a little reassurance too!!

Anyway, have sent the Data Protection Act, Prelim and LBA - had standard letters blah blah initially but received a offer for £50 on bank account and £60 for credit card last week (which i am obviously not accepting) Am filing Moneyclaim today for almost £1000 (so exciting!!!) shall I still a thanks but no thanks letter for the charges? Now I have written it I guess I might as well!!!

However my second qu is the Moneyclaim interest thingy,

The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from {date when the money became owed to you} to {the date you are issuing the claim} of £ {put the amount} and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of {enter the daily rate of interest}.

are you supposed to put the total amount of your claim?

Also what is the daily rate of interest?

Thanks so much for any help in advance - am so so impressed with this site and shall be adding my donation WHEN i win!!

Hi, me again! Have worked out my above question I think and filed my moneyclaim.. interesting that all else has been ok but am now geting nervous!!

However, have been looking for a standard "thanks but no thanks letter" for their tiny little offer they gave me but can't locate it anywhere in the templates library... any clues? links etc would be much appreciated or else shall get composing!

Thanks again in advance, Soph

my last reply to them before i started claim went like this

Thank you for your letter dated 10 August 2006 offering a goodwill gesture payment of £546 I will accept this offer only as part payment and not as full and final settlement.

I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond positively to my letter of the 26 July 2006 LETTER BEFORE ACTION. As this deadline as now passed you have left me with no alternative but to begin a claim against you for the full amount off £1022 plus interest plus my costs and without further notice.

Righty ho, am sending a letter looking like this:

Thank you for your letters dated 9th and 10th August 2006 offering goodwill gesture payments of £60 and £50. I will accept this offer only as part payment and not as full and final settlement.

I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond positively to my letter before action on the 1st August 2006. As this deadline as now passed you have left me with no alternative but to begin a claim against you for the full amount of £604 plus interest plus my costs and without further notice.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law. I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary.

I calculate that you have taken £429 plus £47.65 that you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum from my current account. I further calculate that you have taken £175 plus £174.99, which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum from my credit card account. Therefore, the total you have taken from me is £826.64. I am enclosing a copy of the schedule of the charges which I am claiming. I will also be adding the 8% APR to my claim.

I require repayment in full of this money.

Yours faithfully,

If anyone has any comments please feel free to pass them on - Thanks all!:smile: