can you still apply for bank charges even if you closed the bank over ten years ago

getsmart
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Those notes come up on the site automatically when you type certain phrases in your post.

The first part backs up what I said.

I'm not sure about the back to 1995 part. I seem to remember reading something about going back more than 6 years somewhere. There might be a thread on it but you would need to search for it unless someone else came on here and said where it was.

Is it Barclays banks account or a Barclaycard?

There is also a 12 year limit for certain items and there has been talk in the media of being able to claim back 14 years worth although the bank may only have 6 years worth of info so finding out about charges older than 6 years maybe very difficult.

Andy

What bank is this GS?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Today's decision is quite a surprise and we will probably see the bank charges issue dealt with another way, e.g. through new legislation over the banking industry.

I'm afraid I don't think there is now any chance of success with historic claims about bank charges (although credit card charges and payment protection insurance can still be fought against).

Thread moved into Barclays forum.

Bank charges can be claimed as far back as 1995 if you have, or can get, the necessary a/c data.

The 6 year rule doesn't apply to bank charges if you were not aware that the charges were unfair when the bank took them.

Have a look at the main forum announcements - the fight to reclaim bank charges goes on.

Edited by slick132

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi GS,

Have you read these Site announcements, which are posted at the top of every forum page :-

The Consumer Forums - Announcements in Forum : Barclaycard

Read, digest and then come back with any queries. :)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)