Ida's stopping smoking diary.

IdaInFife
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5030 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Those fleeting thoughts are mostly psychological, the last gasps of the addicition fighting to survive :-)

well i wish they would get to Falkirk! ;)

day 5 - weeekend coming and not feeling apprehensive - off work now for a week and bit so looking forward to gutting house next week and get slast of the nicotine in the house

been to the cessation to get nexts weeks patches and didn't need anymore gum as only used 2 bits so far.

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep it going Ida and AC - you CAN beat this :D

I've done 16 days so got past probably the worst of the cravings but now have the most foul taste in my mouth which is apparently because my taste buds are re-growing so this just shows that for every down side, there is a corresponding up side :rolleyes:

Hi AC,

I guess everybody has their own experiences and thoughts about what is happening to them while giving up.

For me I know the nicotine is out of my body now (5 weeks clear - Alan Carr method) but I am still getting the occational craving (although I must stress that the cravings have dropped dramatically over the past two weeks). So the only explanation is that my mind is playing ticks on me therefore there is still a psychological addicition I have to crack.

Hi AC,

I guess everybody has their own experiences and thoughts about what is happening to them while giving up.

For me I know the nicotine is out of my body now (5 weeks clear - Alan Carr method) but I am still getting the occational craving (although I must stress that the cravings have dropped dramatically over the past two weeks). So the only explanation is that my mind is playing ticks on me therefore there is still a psychological addicition I have to crack.

Do not lose sight of the fact that, Nicotine is a highly addictive drug!

Nicotine Addiction

This is the fourth time that I have given up;

Don't know whether to blame the Gov. and or Sir Walter Raleigh?

day 6 :)

went to pub last night - no probs

got up today and realised I had went out last night and didn't have a patch on :rolleyes:

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

You are over the worst, and that was really good going out so soon. Don't know if I could of done that. I think you can safely say you are now a non smoker! :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

I know i will never ever smoke again and it's great.

feels as tho i have put on a stone in weight tho :(

You will soon walk that off with all the extra energy you be getting. ;)

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Air ways chewing gum stopped me picking.

F&Q's... Read here

i tried must be 50 times to give up smoking and failed every time i did last a couple of months once but started again. every time i tried i was using nicotine replacement therapy.

i have now quit for over a month by going cold turkey and i feel great so for me nicotine replacement just wont work.

so if ya put your mind to it you can do it i never plan to smoke again no matter how bad it gets.

Air ways chewing gum stopped me picking.

don't have a problem picking my nose :p

:lol:

Well I guess you will need to do something to do with your hands/fingers now! :lol:

F&Q's... Read here

still going but struggling this week -

i think its because im off til tuesday becasue of the school hols

cant wait for tues to get back into normall routine

OOH, have been a little worried about you Ida...

Too much time on ones hands plus stress, is not helpful when trying to give up Nicotine...!

Keep going;

if I can resist the tempatation(s), then so can you.

AC

p.s. don't get me wrong, I could fall at any time:(

up until yesterday i have saved £170 :)

ok back at work this week so finding it easier

put my money away including tomorrws so thats £255 for 21 days

(that includes a little for my OH who has cut down as well)

looking to book a wee holiday at easter :)

ida x