welcome finance settlement

kupcake
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya would somebody please be able to advise me regarding my welcome finance unsecured loan, ive already paid double back what i originally borrowed and want to settle but they wont accept the settlement figure that i have offered them which i think is a fair offer, has anybody had any problems with settling would appreciate any advice,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi am in a total muddle with welcome:-x have given them back my car they have sold it and say I now owe them £4400 when i gave them back the car i said it was because i could no longer afford the repayments of £130, they said it was fine and I could pay £30 a month until I could afford to pay more. They are now saying that my account is now in arrears and has been for the last 3 months by £100 each month and that, interest is due for each month. They did not tell me this at the time I started paying £30 a month. I have explained that I cannot afford more and they say that I should continue with £30 a month as a token payment untill I can get back up to £130, i explained that If i could afford £130 I would have not given up the car, asked them to draw a line and make new aggrement of 30 for how ever long it would take as long as 30 came off what I owed and not just £30 off new interest penaties and £25 out side call charges they keep adding. Have as good as begged them to take me to court to get some kind of repayment agreement cos I can't get another loan to get them off my back. They have offered a total settlement with 50% discount but have no way of getting hold of £2200. What can they do if i don't pay anything on the grounds that they will not reduce payment to a level I can afford. They have said that they no longer reduce payments for anyone. Also how can I still have a HP agreement with them when neither of us has the car to hire or purchase? What a F*****g company they have never sent me statments or any letters regarding the sale of the car or anything only letters stating £25 outside call charges, all they do is keep ringing me until I answer and demand cash whatever they think they can get. Had nearly paid half the oridganl cost in the first place plus the sale of car they must be evens with me the B******S.:(

hiya dizzy,

I can totaly understand your anxiety and what u are going through with this company, the stress i have indured over the past couple of years is unbelieveable, but thankfully i have been able to settle my account and am finally free from them. I had a loan paid double back what i owed and they still wanted over 4k back aswell, in the end i settled with 50percent rebate but it was hard work getting there.

Have u tried the cccs they are a charity and can help you to arrange with welcome a payment of what u can afford and will hopefully freeze the interest because that is just increasing every day, I found that as soon as i mentioned i was going down that particular route they changed completely (even though i didnt after cos settled).

They may even accept a much lower offer of settlement if you are in a position to do that. Hopefully one of the guys on here may be able to help i know they have harrasment letters etc to help you through this difficult time just hang in there something will turn up soon.

Take care x

hiya dizzy they just bully people they are a nightmare, i hope that things work out for you and i would definatly give the ccs a call they are fab but u may have to wait a couple of weeks to get an appointment but ring them when u can. Im one of the lucky ones and am free from them, but i still hate them with a passion, any way take care x x