Permit parking zone markings

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5261 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

TBD - our experience differs! I left two years ago, so maybe things have moved on since then. Staff got no training at all, or as the Council put it, they were trained "on the job" - ie, just picked it up (or not) as they went. There was no legal training whatsoever.

Liondeer - adjudication is by an independent third party. They work through the Adjudication service PATAS. Before that, you will need to receive the Notice to Owner (NTO) then submit a representation (ie another written appeal). Only if that is rejected can you go to PATAS. Of course if it is accepted, you win and so you won't need to.

I can't add anything else to what you already sent them. I'm sure you will win in the end, especially if you show them the photos. In the event that you do end up refering the case to PATAS, they are fully legally trained lawyers I believe. They will understand the details, even if the council don't!

Staff are still not offered any adequate training and the opportunity to release staff to receive any training is almost impossible due to lack of cover for those that attend. The backoffice is already understaffed and you can guarantee that on top of that someone will be off on sick leave or on annual leave.

The Secretary of State's Statutory Guidance requires staff to be adequately trained and yet there are very few training courses available for backoffice staff that concerns the TMA 2004. So what we basically have is staff with no more knowledge in traffic law than the average person in the street and yet they are permitted to consider appeals that depend upon a knowledge of the law. Farcical!

In my experience the only council's that try to use a degree of common sense and fairness are the smaller district councils. They tend to be less fanatical than the large borough or city councils.

I will go to the location again, perhaps Monday, and see if the skip has been moved off the bottom end of the bay, and post amended pics ASP.

All we have regards to bay is about 300yds of dotted white line with no end or start, so its not a lawful bay just random broken white lines which are not in any parking bays drawing I have seen.

I will go to the location again, perhaps Monday, and see if the skip has been moved off the bottom end of the bay, and post amended pics ASP.

All we have regards to bay is about 300yds of dotted white line with no end or start, so its not a lawful bay just random broken white lines which are not in any parking bays drawing I have seen.

Thanks Jamberson and TheDogsBollocks, for shedding yet more light on the internal workings, or lack thereof of councils.

My case should be further strengthened by 68904's return to the location for updated pics, including the end of the bay. Thanks for that 68904:D.

If you ever a ticket in Lancaster, I'll do the same for you!

If I win in the end, I think CC's should offer compensation to wasting everybody's time in this way!

Cheers

Liondeer

At 10:30hrs, Sunday, 6th December 2009, I visited Belle Vue Road, Leeds with its junctions with Woodsley Road an Moorland Road, Leeds.

At this location there is a P1028.4 Sheet 2 of 2 Parking Bay, on the right hand side of the road when you stand at its junction with Moorland Road.

This bay is about 300yards long, and plated for permit holders only, but with no legend on the outside of this bay showing the use to which it is put.

At this junction it can be seen that there is a section of double yellow line which has recently be repainted. This newly painted line runs a short distance with the old line to recently repainted termination marks of the above bay.

The termination marks used for this bay are non compliant as two set on lines have been used to show the end of this bay.

As this bay is a P1028 2/2 bay, single termination marks should have been used.

At the Woodsley Road end of this bay there are no termination marks to show the end of the bay.

Last time I visited, there was a yellow skip placed over the end of this bay. The bay has now been removed to concur that there are no end of bay markings painted on the floor.

I took pics of this bay at both ends, There are 2 pics of the Woodsley Road end which clearly show that this bay is not correctly marked at all.

At the Moorland Road end there are 6 pics of a newly amended bay, showing double end markings, so making this bay a non bay.

I laughed when I saw the double end bay markings, as to me it just shows the incompetence of Leeds Council, they cannot even copy pretty little pictures from a book and paint them onto a road.

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/2c5c43110e6edbf744629b692dad1309/

Edited by 68904

Hi 68904,

That's fantastic 68904:D - many thanks. Clearly the've been out and repainted, but not got it right again! I can now show them "before and after pics" - and both are wrong and invalid. It's good to have pictures of the Woodsley ned too, I didn't draw attention to this in my letter to LCC, but I will next time. I hope they'll accept the pics of being of there though, as there are no distinguishing features, except perhaps the car with registration number.

You seem to know the regulations and markings very well - have you also worked in this field? And you concur that I have a strong case, and should fight on?

I'm offline till tomorrow evening, but I think the next step is to wait for the NtO, and make my appeal, using your pics, if I may, and thosoe of LoneRover.

Thanks again!

Liondeer

I laffed my socks of wen I saw what they had done, a three year old cud do a better job than these idiots.

It just shows how stupid they are, an all they are after is yer brass.

Sorry about posting me words 2 times, have now amended report.

If you need any more elp just ask.

This pic is of the junction with Belle Vue Road and Woodsley Road, Leeds.

It shows quite clearly that there are no end of bay markings for this bay.

The yellow skip was placed at this location, which is featured in an earlier post.

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

Edited by 68904