Lloyds Tsb Classic Current Account - Chequebook

db281
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey Guys

I've currently just opened a new current account with Lloyds. I opened a Classic Current Account, but was also elegible for the one above this. They have happily provided me a Visa Debit card.

I also need a chequebook though. I do not require a cheque gaurentee card. Do chequebooks come as standard with this type of account? Or are they subject to status etc.

I have not had my wages paid into this account yet as I haven't been paid since having it, but will very soon.

I have one default on credit file from 3 months ago, so if it is subject to status, I might aswell forget it. :-(

When calling up they have asked me to contact my local branch so I have arranged an appointment with them. Do you think its worth my time?

I look forward to hearing from you...

Bank said once they see more 'activity' on the account they will give me one. They said ask next month once I have had wages etc paid in.

I only opened the account 2/3 weeks ago and it hasn't been pay day yet, although I have used the account.

Do you think they are just saying no politely, or they will actually give me one next month? :confused:

Well done for getting an account with Lloyds! I'm fighting for charges and have closed my account with them.

As for your credit file, they will have checked it but banks have an inhouse way of scoring your activity and will be down on you like a ton of bricks if you upset them........trust me.

If they have given you a Visa card you should have a cheque book too. Your Visa card will be your Cheque Guarantee card.

Keep up the fight against Bank Charges.

Got Debt problems?

Don't panic, put the kettle on and read this

:-) Everything I write comes from my heart and head! The large filling cabinet that is my knowledge of life, however warped that may be!! :-)

<<< Please tickle my star!! if I have managed to help you or just made you chuckle!

if you cant have a cheque book now, then you won't have one for a long time. ask them for your risk band...if its 97,98, or 99, forget it for well over 12 months, anything else should be fine. they refresh their decision towards the end of each month, usually around the 20th, 1st day of the change is a saturday. so this month would be the 21st etc...

:D

if you cant have a cheque book now, then you won't have one for a long time. ask them for your risk band...if its 97,98, or 99, forget it for well over 12 months, anything else should be fine. they refresh their decision towards the end of each month, usually around the 20th, 1st day of the change is a saturday. so this month would be the 21st etc...

I'm so confused. I'd have to agree with you, this is also what I imagine would be the case. But when I went into see the bank, the fella seemed genuine and positive about giving me a chequebook in the near future.

Also, If I 'am' that much of a risk? Would they have gave me a current account at all? or even a Visa Debit? :?

I just don't get it...

yes, lloyds introduced the classic account to their 'no credit facilities' customers probably about a year ago now, when they introduced their 'ultra' debit card. it's like the 'cash account' but you dont have the restriction of only lloyds tsb cashpoints, trust me on this, they always say 3 months and we'll review it, its an easy way of getting out of an awkward conversation. I am very much in the know with this particular situ...

go back and ask for your 'risk band'

:D

Will they just tell me my risk band, without a quibble etc? At the minute, it seems quite apparent to me that they just don't want me to have one. Whether they change their mind or not, I don't really want to wait and see.

Are there any other banks that you would assume would to offer me an account that includes a debit card + chequebook. I do not require an overdraft or cheque guarantee card?

Thank you for your help!