style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Gerry.

HMRC made me BR one year ago today.:mad:

So far they have not had a penny out of me.:)

What they take, if anything, depends on the value of your assets, and any disposable income you may have.

I have posted a link on BR >>>>> HERE

Any questions just shout.

Regards.

Hi Gerry, personal assets are only taken in general if they have significant value £1,000 is oft quoted. The main exceptions to this are monetary assets like premium bonds, vehicles (there are many exceptions for keeping or not keeping) and properties (again this can usually be sorted amicably with the OR)

Help?

We are in a leasehold public house, and we due to be made bankrupt on Monday, and will then have to find accommodation to live. We are in Dorset, and having trouble finding anywhere to live, and do not know who to turn to for help. We are 6 adults, with dogs. Can anyone give any advice?

Do you have any significant assets? If so, they will be taken by the Official Receiver and any proceeds distributed pro rata to all your creditors.

I presume you are currently occupying the pub. Has your landlord given you notice? eg. an eviction order? Or is it a condition of your lease that you must relinquish the lease if you are declared bankrupt?

If you are being evicted (or otherwise forced to leave the premises) then you should talk to your local council about being re-housed.

Be aware that at exactly the point you are declared bankrupt all your bank accounts will be frozen. Ensure you have withdrawn all your cash from each account beforehand.

As for your pension you will need to talk to the Official Receiver. Depending on other funds/income you may have to pay some or all of this to the OR.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Phone them Gerry. Tell them you are now BR and the official receiver will be in touch in due course.

Im not sure if even a blood sucking bailiff can be stupid enough to pursue this debt.

If they do, dont pay them anything. They will be trying it on.

You will be contacted by the O R soon. They are very busy. There is no rush.

Thanks

I saw the OR on Friday afternoon, she seemed very nice (but you never know do you), and said telephone on Monday the bailiff's and council to tell them you are BR. We hope we will sort out the housing on Monday, but as there are six adults in the household, we will have to split up which will cost more, because you cannot have 6 adults in a rented house. Also, I was under the impression that the loan with Black Horse for my car was HP, but when the OR saw the paperwork, she said it was a Personal Loan , so they cannot take the car, and she said I could keep the vehicle as it is not worth miuch.