Ntl Non Direct Debit Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If I weren't so lazy I would link then but I've had a bit of a heavy weekend. I believe Buzby calls them every twelve weeks or so and they waive the charge.

The views I express here are mere speculation based on my experience. I am not qualified nor insured to give legal advice and any action you take will be at your own risk.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can confirm that this is still being done. I'm told that VM have a billing code that automatically credits customers for 3 months - supposedly to allow them (new customers) to give their DD set up. Since my bills are seldom correct, staff are only too willing to process the credit when asked - 'well, would YOU let VM anywhere near your bank account with a DD?'

• 1 month later...
Seems a reasonable charge to me. DD is automated so costs them a lot less; they levy this charge to cover the extra admin involved in handling manual payments (and also the charges they pay for taking card payments which will be higher than DD). I can't see this being held as unfair.

T-Mobile charge me £3 a month for this and I have no reason to complain.

Well I certainly did. It's a clear money making scheme-pure and simple. After several arguments with the T-mobile muppets and reading the info on this website I eventually discovered that if you choose to pay via bacs they do not charge you, it states this on there website here- Ways to Pay - Mobile Phone Coverage - T-Mobile On calling back T-mobile to obtain their bank details I asked the adviser why his colleagues did not advise me of this as I was clearly irate about it-his response? "Well this may be a training issue." I for one do not trust companies to dip into my bank account willy nilly and take what they please- working previously for various companies O2, NTL, British Gas etc I know full well bills aren't always accurate and trying to get your money back can prove to be a nightmare at times. If it costs a company that much money to process payments they should advertise this clearly when you take out your contract and not simply charge you for the inconvenience of taking your payments when you don't pay the way they would like-frankly I think it shocking that the British public have been putting up with this for so long. Now my rants over I suppose I better go and pay this freaking T-mobile bill. :(