style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys hope you can help,

Sister inlaw has just been visted by the bailifs debt was explained .

there was a £230 enforcement fee, is this one legal and two the correct amount?

Thanks

A bailiff can charge a fee of £24.50 for "attending to levy where no levy was made (ie: nobody was at home).

If he is able to levy he can INSTEAD charge a "levy fee" but he CANNOT charge BOTH FEES !!

There is NO provision within the statutory fee scale for an "enforcement fee" and this is simply an "attending to remove" fee which CANNOT be applied UNLESS the bailiff has PREVIOUSLY been at the premises and levied upon goods.

In this case, was this the first visit or had the bailiff previously been into the home or levied upon a vehicle?

Edited by tomtubby

first vist where they actually got in, silly flat mate let them in. grr to flat mates :D

oh and think they also charged a levy fee foir first vist and a fee for second vist (approx £70 in total, which seems ligit) but to charge an "neforcement fee" on top seems overboard

first vist where they actually got in, silly flat mate let them in. grr to flat mates :D

oh and think they also charged a levy fee foir first vist and a fee for second vist (approx £70 in total, which seems ligit) but to charge an "neforcement fee" on top seems overboard

Should not be charged

The purpose of the visit was to "levy upon goods" and he did this. An "enforcement fee" CANNOT therefore be applied !!

as i thought, unfutunatley she was given the option o f pay the "enforcement fee" or they take the stuff so she managed to get the money togther thanks to her mum any advice on a route of getting this back? if at all possible.

as i thought, unfortunately she was given the option o f pay the "enforcement fee" or they take the stuff so she managed to get the money together thanks to her mum any advice on a route of getting this back? if at all possible.

send a letter to rossendales (recorded delivery) and ask for a screenshot of your account

send this (or something along these lines)

please provide me with the screenshot of my account held by yourselves for the collection of council tax arrears for xxxxxxxxx council

This is not a request to access personal data about me in the meaning of the Data Protection Act 1998.

this is information regarding my account that you are required under

The council tax administration and enforcement regulation) 1992 (amended) to provide me with when requested

please provide this information within 14 days of receipt of this recorded delivery letter if my screenshot is not received within the aforementioned time i will take this as a refusal to comply with my request and will make a formal complaint to the chief executive of xxx council in the first instance

and will be escalated to a form 4 complaint naming xxx council as co-defendant if necessary

a copy of this letter will be sent to xx council and will be used in my form 4 complaint