can you have interest removed that has accrude whilst in a DMP?

rowly_c
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5299 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Approx 8 years ago i had a large number of debts with different debtors, and started a DMP with CCCS, CCCS calculated the money i could afford to repay my debt and this was equally distributed to the debtors, at this point CCCS informed me that the interest had been frozen and i was paying a fixed sum to them for approx 4 years and received a monthly statements showing me balnce decreasing each month, after this 4 years had passed my balance was less than £20,000 and i remortgaged my house to to raise the £20,000 but when i phoned the debtors many of them had not frozen the interest and i then owed more than the original balance shown on my CCCS statements.

I have paid some of them off but my Egg CC and Loan as an example are more now than they were before I started the DMP, can I do anything about this?

Any help would be greatly apprieicated

You could always ask them for it back! I had a similar problem with BOS. I went onto token payments for six months. I never heard anything after the six months and continued paying token amounts for the next two years. When I finally was in a position to start paying healthier sums I was shocked to see the balance of my account had increased by almost 60%. Initially BOS were not going to offer me a refund of interest but when I went down the unenforceable CCA route they eventually refunded all of the interest they had charged while on the dmp.