Landlord has given notice to quit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5064 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Bit of a messy one, was wondering if anyone can tell me where I stand on this one...

I split up with my girlfriend about 2 weeks ago, I asked the landlord to change the house over to the ex. They went away to talk to the estate agent who manage the property.

They then informed me that they are unable to insure the property that my girlfriend and kids are living in and will have to give notice to quit.

Is there any way to stop them kicking the ex and the kids out?

Cheers,

Craig

Forgot to mention:

The reason they gave for being unable to insure the house was that the girlfriend isn't working, but the house was being paid for mostly by housing benefit anyway as I am in the process of starting my own business...

Try and appeal to the better nature of the landlord. It maybe that the estate agent has put the wind up them a bit. It may really be that their current buildings insurance doesn't cover them. Some policies have strange exclusions (I've come across "no students" before).

It's rubbish, but unfortunately, if the LL doesn't want your ex and kids there, that's their right as it's their property. They're obviously nervous because of the change of circumstance, but if you've/she's been a good tenant then there's a chance you can talk to the LL and reason. Maybe offer a guarantor in lieu of insurance etc or see if they can get another policy elsewhere and if there is a price increase in doing so, meet the cost of the difference if the property is worth it? Hope it works out x

• 7 months later...

Hi Guys,

As I was working away most of November/December I appear to have forgotten to reply to say thanks.

No longer living at the house, the ex got a new house and I've got my own place now so it worked out ok in the end.

Cheers,

Craig