• Tweets

• Agreed, let them default. Keep everything in writing, if they ring to discuss the accounts over the phone, simply say 'everything in writing please', and hang up. They'll soon get the message. Get all of your paperwork in order too, if you haven't got any, or are missing relevant documents, then you can SAR the original creditor, which is free and they have 30 days to supply the info. Keep a diary of events too. sit back and relax, YOU'RE in control, not them.
    • thought you said you had an sjpn? dx  
    • dont go near them bunch of scammers! ive removed ref. dx  
    • I used to post regularly in order to provide factual information (rather than advice) but got fed up with banging my head against a brick wall in so many cases when posters insisted black was white and I was writing rubbish. I have never posted anything which was untrue or indeed biased in any way.  I have never given 'advice' but have sought to correct erroneous statements which were unhelpful. The only username I have ever used is blf1uk. I have never gone under any other username and have no connection to 'bailiff advice'.  I am not a High Court Enforcement Officer but obtained my first 'bailiff' certificate in 1982. I'm not sure what records you have accessed but I was certainly not born in 1977 - at that time I was serving in the Armed Forces in Hereford, Germany (4th Division HQ) and my wife gave birth to our eldest.   Going back to the original point, the fact is that employees of an Approved Enforcement Agency contracted by the Ministry of Justice can and do execute warrants of arrest (with and without bail), warrants of detention and warrants of commitment. In many cases, the employee is also an enforcement agent [but not acting as one]. Here is a fact.  I recently submitted an FOI request to HMCTS and they advised me (for example) that in 2022/23 Jacobs (the AEA for Wales) was issued with 4,750 financial arrest warrants (without bail) and 473 'breach' warrants.  A breach warrant is a community penalty breach warrant (CPBW) whereby the defendant has breached the terms of either their release from prison or the terms of an order [such as community service].  While the defendant may pay the sum [fine] due to avoid arrest on a financial arrest warrant, a breach warrant always results in their transportation to either a police station [for holding] or directly to the magistrates' court to go before the bench as is the case on financial arrest warrants without bail when they don't pay.  Wales has the lowest number of arrest warrants issued of the seven regions with South East exceeding 50,000.  Overall, the figure for arrest warrants issued to the three AEAs exceeds 200,000.  Many of these were previously dealt with directly by HMCTS using their employed Civilian Enforcement Officers but they were subject to TUPE in 2019 and either left the service or transferred to the three AEAs. In England, a local authority may take committal proceedings against an individual who has not paid their council tax and the court will issue a committal summons.  If the person does not attend the committal hearing, the court will issue a warrant of arrest usually with bail but occasionally without bail (certainly without bail if when bailed on their own recognizance the defendant still fails to appear).   A warrant of arrest to bring the debtor before the court is issued under regulation 48(5) of The Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations 1992 and can be executed by "any person to whom it is directed or by any constable....." (Reg 48(6).  These, although much [much] lower in number compared to HMCTS, are also dealt with by the enforcement agencies contracted by the local authorities. Feel free to do your own research using FOI enquiries!  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help with Welcome Finance

beyondhope
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They tried this with me, it seems this is their latest tactic to try to wriggle out of things

Lets hope the judge is as good on mine as they were on yours then :evil: im actually really cross i wasnt sent the paperwork :mad: how can I fight something I dont know about. Sounds like the judge has already decided anyway given its only a 5min hearing

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets hope the judge is as good on mine as they were on yours then :evil: im actually really cross i wasnt sent the paperwork :mad: how can I fight something I dont know about. Sounds like the judge has already decided anyway given its only a 5min hearing

Not necessarily, the thing about strike out hearings is that you can't talk. It's all based on the written evidence, I think..:confused:

ok im guessing as im getting the strike out application so late my response will be whats given to the judge on the day, is there a form to 'respond' to a strike out?

as for wales being nice this time of year its lovely today really warm lol wednesday - friday are always good days :lol:

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Not necessarily, the thing about strike out hearings is that you can't talk. It's all based on the written evidence, I think..:confused:

oooo im off to get one of my luxurious children, do my nans shopping and then the court ...im gonna have to try and research the old strike out hearing now :mad: if you find anything please email me :mad:

ill be back teatime damn silly people im out tonight to watch SATC2 :lol::mad::mad:

Well well well......

It will get struck out on Friday it would appear :(

Their reasons:

The claimants claim has been issued by a Litigtion Friend, who has not been appointed by the court, has not made an application to the court, and has not sought the court's permission to act on the claimants behalf.

requested without a hearing based on statement of case....

statement of case refers to:

cpr 21.4 para 6.1

cpr 21.1 (2)

s140 of Court of Protection Rules 2007

cpr 21.5

cpr 21.6

'The defendant will therefore say that the Third Party should be prohibited from acting as Litigation Friend in these proceedings, as she has satisfied none of the criteria which would entitle her to act in this manner, has satisfied none of the requirements contained within the CPR which would permit her to act in this manner, has not sought the courts prmission, has not sought an order from the court, has not been appointed by the court and has not demonstrated that she fulfills all the criteria contaned within CPR Rule 21.4'

'The defendant will also say that the Third Party should be prohibited from acting as Litigation Friend in these proceedings, as she has failed to demonstrate that the claimant fulfils the conditions contained within CPR rule 21.4 paragraph 6 of the court protection rules 2007 (ststutory instrument 2007 No.1744 (L.12), or the Mental Capacity Act 2005.'

'In view of the above, the defendant will further say that the POC have been drafted by a third party to whom the defendant owes no Contractual or Tortious liability, and who possesses no cause of action against the defendant.'

'The defendant will therefore request that the Claimants Claim be struck out by the Court, on the grounds that it was not issued by the claimant, but by a Third Party to whom the Defendant owes no Contractual or Torious liability, and who possesses no cause of action against the defendant.'

'The defendant will further seek an order for the costs of these proceedings be borne by the Claimant and/or the Third Party as appropriate.

ive also just noticed that is dated 10th may why the hell havent i had it before :(

I should have been a mckenzie friend not a litigation friend :mad: ah well we live and learn.....

the defendant may have won the battle but the war is yet to come.....

WTF???!!! What the hell grounds have they got to make that allegation???

As he isnt mentally incapable or a minor then i cannot apply to be litigation friend i can however be a lay representative or mckenzie friend... they have based this on the fact i signed the n1 as litigation friend rather than him signing and me lay representing :mad:

This has so annoyed me today more so because I cant believe I could be so slack as to miss this :( ah well live and learn

Does anyone know if you can communicate with the judge in writing before a hearing??

are these applicable??

Evidence for the purposes of a summary judgment hearing

(1) If the respondent to an application for summary judgment wishes to rely on written evidence at the hearing, he must –

(a) file the written evidence; and

(b) serve copies on every other party to the application,

at least 7 days before the summary judgment hearing.

(2) If the applicant wishes to rely on written evidence in reply, he must –

(a) file the written evidence; and

(b) serve a copy on the respondent,

at least 3 days before the summary judgment hearing.

Court’s powers when it determines a summary judgment application

When the court determines a summary judgment application it may –

(a) give directions as to the filing and service of a defence;

(b) give further directions about the management of the case.

(Rule 3.1(3) provides that the court may attach conditions when it makes an order)

given that they have requested summary judgement due to no chance of success due to being signed as LF instead of lay representative....

I cant find anything on responding to a strike out application! I cant find anything on putting in written evidence prior to hearing and im running out of time :( :(

according to that I could have responded IF id had it in time :( as it needs to be done at least 7 days before!

back to the same question again is it possible to hand something in beforehand or just rely on the grovelling on the day?

Hi all,

I too am having problems with Welcome Finance and I hope someone can give me some good advice.

Due to a lack of funds coming into our household a year ago, we previously missed a monthly payment to WFS. But because after that monthly payments were made on time, they never actively chased this missing payment.

Now we have missed another payment in May and look like we will not be able to pay June. I explained our situation and that hopefully it will have changed by the beginning of June and we will then look to get the account up to dateat the end of June but they have said this is not acceptable due to previous arrears.

They instead have informed me that if I do not pay all arrears within 14 days that the car will be inspected (valued) and then collected to be sold at auction and if that does not pay off the balance of the loan then we will still have that to pay the difference.

A member of WFS staff has even knocked at my door twice to see if I can make a payment. Does this amount to harrassment??

Also, on Friday when the above was explained to me I asked for everything in writing and any copies of my agreements that they have on file. They told me I would have to send £1 cheque or postal order to be able to have my paperwork sent to me and that I would have to SPECIFICALLY ask for what I wanted.

We have paid over 1/3 of the total amount payable but have not quite paid 1/2. My understanding is that if we have paid more than 1/3 they can not just collect the vehicle, it would have to go to court. Is this correct?

My husband and I are at our wits end. We want to keep the vehicle and hope to be able to pay the £500 arrears by the end of June. But they are not prepared to wait and have said that a termination of contract is the only option. Is this correct?

Please let me have your advice.

Hi all,

I too am having problems with Welcome Finance and I hope someone can give me some good advice.

Due to a lack of funds coming into our household a year ago, we previously missed a monthly payment to WFS. But because after that monthly payments were made on time, they never actively chased this missing payment.

Now we have missed another payment in May and look like we will not be able to pay June. I explained our situation and that hopefully it will have changed by the beginning of June and we will then look to get the account up to dateat the end of June but they have said this is not acceptable due to previous arrears.

They instead have informed me that if I do not pay all arrears within 14 days that the car will be inspected (valued) and then collected to be sold at auction and if that does not pay off the balance of the loan then we will still have that to pay the difference.

A member of WFS staff has even knocked at my door twice to see if I can make a payment. Does this amount to harrassment??

Also, on Friday when the above was explained to me I asked for everything in writing and any copies of my agreements that they have on file. They told me I would have to send £1 cheque or postal order to be able to have my paperwork sent to me and that I would have to SPECIFICALLY ask for what I wanted.

We have paid over 1/3 of the total amount payable but have not quite paid 1/2. My understanding is that if we have paid more than 1/3 they can not just collect the vehicle, it would have to go to court. Is this correct?

My husband and I are at our wits end. We want to keep the vehicle and hope to be able to pay the £500 arrears by the end of June. But they are not prepared to wait and have said that a termination of contract is the only option. Is this correct?

Hi celtickid make your own thread by clicking here scrolling just below the notices to the new thread button and copy and pasting what you have put here there so more people will see it and be able to help you otherwise your questions will get lost in this thread :)

Hi all,

brief answer until you do your own thread...

if you have paid over 1/3 they 'should' get a court order first although they seem to be ignoring this process lately :rolleyes:

send the no phone call no doorstep collection letter from the templates library to stop the ringing and calling to your house.

the £1 fee they are talking about is for a cca request (also in templates) this would get you a copy of your agreement and a current statement, if you want to look deeper into what they have been doing with your account you need to do a sar which costs £10 letters for these are again in templates the cca request should be returned within 14days and the sar within 40days.

hope that helps a little :)

back to the same question again is it possible to hand something in beforehand or just rely on the grovelling on the day?

I think it may be worth your hubby drafting up a witness statement in response and runnng it over to the court first thing tuesday. If anybody mentions anything about timescales then say that it would've been in sooner had you received a copy at the time it was filed :p

I think you've got up to 3 days before the hearing to respond so it may be ok :)

I think it may be worth your hubby drafting up a witness statement in response and runnng it over to the court first thing tuesday. If anybody mentions anything about timescales then say that it would've been in sooner had you received a copy at the time it was filed :p

I think you've got up to 3 days before the hearing to respond so it may be ok :)

Thanks hun is there any template for a WS? also does it need a fee remission form?

How to Prepare a Witness Statement - About Small Claims (UK) found this lol so thats one thing out the way, if you arent busy later any chance of reading over what i manage to throw together?

Thanks hun is there any template for a WS? also does it need a fee remission form?

It takes more or less the same form as the poc, only you write it in the first person, i.e. I feel this etc..

It's basically a story, your side of it. I don't think there's a fee involved cos it's a reply to their application, just like they don't pay to reply to your application.

I'm going out for dinner tonight but send it on over anyway and I'll have a nose when I get home or in the morning. It's bank holiday tomorrow anyway so you've got an extra day :)

It takes more or less the same form as the poc, only you write it in the first person, i.e. I feel this etc..

It's basically a story, your side of it. I don't think there's a fee involved cos it's a reply to their application, just like they don't pay to reply to your application.

I'm going out for dinner tonight but send it on over anyway and I'll have a nose when I get home or in the morning. It's bank holiday tomorrow anyway so you've got an extra day :)

Ok hun thanks tons ill send it over in a bit have a nice dinner :) im at a bbq for most of tomo so i need to get it done tonight to get it in tues morn :eek::eek: x

I dont need to include anything thats already in the poc though do I? its purely just a response to their application??