• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help with Welcome Finance

beyondhope
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

good thinking but I don't think it quite works like that! :)

Ok, so it's like this...hang on I need to go outside a min :D

I did say I didnt think it quite worked so straight forward as that :lol:

OK fill me in....the more I read the more confused im getting :lol: Enjoy the walk outside i'll see you there LOL

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, that's better :D

1. You file your N1 to the court
  2. The court send them a copy of the N1 with an AOS
  3. They send back the AOS to the court
  4. They then have 14 days to file a defence to the court
  5. They send a defence to the court
  6. The court send you a notice that a defence has been filed
  7. The Court send out AQs to you and them
  8. You both send completed AQs back to court
  9. Court sets an Allocation hearing
  10. You both attend the hearing and the case is allocated to trial
  11. Trial starts

Now that's the way it should go, in a nutshell ;)

But.....if it gets to the point where they have sent back the AOS but then fail to submit a defence you can still apply for judgment by default.

So all the time the court is waiting to receive their defence they're not gonna do anything about allocation cos there's still a chance you can win by default.

Right, that's better :D

1. You file your N1 to the court - Done 21st April
  2. The court send them a copy of the N1 with an AOS - Served 6th May
  3. They send back the AOS to the court - Filed 13th May
  4. They then have 14 days to file a defence to the court - Not up until 3rd June
  5. They send a defence to the court
  6. The court send you a notice that a defence has been filed
  7. The Court send out AQs to you and them
  8. You both send completed AQs back to court
  9. Court sets an Allocation hearing
  10. You both attend the hearing and the case is allocated to trial
  11. Trial starts

Now that's the way it should go, in a nutshell ;)

So WTF is going on here :lol:

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Unless....the judge has given his consideration to your claim and decided to make a judgment of his own initiative at the court's discretion. It's called discretionary judgment and is very similar to summary judgment. Sometimes the court can make the judgment off it's own back or sometimes you make an application to nudge them into it.

The N24 form is what the court would serve if they wanted to implement Cpr 3. Which part of 3 they're implementing is unknown but I feel that if it was something like the other issues in 3.1 then it would either say so on the form or allow for a longer hearing.

That's just how it seems to me tho :)

But.....if it gets to the point where they have sent back the AOS but then fail to submit a defence you can still apply for judgment by default.

So all the time the court is waiting to receive their defence they're not gonna do anything about allocation cos there's still a chance you can win by default.

Which is what I thought which is also why a 5min hearing threw me :eek: Why issue an order for a hearing the day the defendant has filed for a 14 day extension so to speak.....:?::?::?: Beyond Hope is OFFICIALLY CONFUSED :lol:

Unless....the judge has given his consideration to your claim and decided to make a judgment of his own initiative at the court's discretion. It's called discretionary judgment and is very similar to summary judgment. Sometimes the court can make the judgment off it's own back or sometimes you make an application to nudge them into it.

The N24 form is what the court would serve if they wanted to implement Cpr 3. Which part of 3 they're implementing is unknown but I feel that if it was something like the other issues in 3.1 then it would either say so on the form or allow for a longer hearing.

That's just how it seems to me tho :)

Yea I see what you mean....Im guessing if they wanted to throw it out it wouldnt have gotten as far as AOS etc

So WTF is going on here :lol:

well the court has to send them a copy of your claim as a matter of course. Nobody in the court would've looked at it by then. So they've got a copy and are thinking about it and getting ready to send back their AOS because they're arrogant so and so's and want to try and squirm out of it!!

But...in the mean time the judge is looking over your claim too and then he thinks, "This is ridiculous! They've done what???! :eek:" :D

Then he further thinks, "They're gonna try and waste courts time with a defence and a load of stalling tactics so I'm gonna nip this in the bud and get it wrapped up" :p

Again, just my take :D

Which is what I thought which is also why a 5min hearing threw me :eek: Why issue an order for a hearing the day the defendant has filed for a 14 day extension so to speak.....:?::?::?: Beyond Hope is OFFICIALLY CONFUSED :lol:

Was there anything on the AOS that said what date they had to file a defence by??

well the court has to send them a copy of your claim as a matter of course. Nobody in the court would've looked at it by then. So they've got a copy and are thinking about it and getting ready to send back their AOS because they're arrogant so and so's and want to try and squirm out of it!!

But...in the mean time the judge is looking over your claim too and then he thinks, "This is ridiculous! They've done what???! :eek:" :D

Then he further thinks, "They're gonna try and waste courts time with a defence and a load of stalling tactics so I'm gonna nip this in the bud and get it wrapped up" :p

Again, just my take :D

Well I do hope your take is right ;)

Did you see that mail I sent you about DJ :eek: Still no further with sexing :lol:

Was there anything on the AOS that said what date they had to file a defence by??

28 days from claim served which I worked out to be 3rd June as it was deemed served on 6th May

It's not impossible that it is 3.4, that's why I wanted to see your poc again. But having looked at it again, I really can't see how it could possibly come under the reasons for striking out which are:

(a) that the statement of case discloses no reasonable grounds for bringing or defending the claim;

(b) that the statement of case is an abuse of the court’s process or is otherwise likely to obstruct the just disposal of the proceedings; or

© that there has been a failure to comply with a rule, practice direction or court order.

If it is 3.4 that would be a serious case of mismanagement and you would have very good grounds for a set aside.

It's not impossible that it is 3.4, that's why I wanted to see your poc again. But having looked at it again, I really can't see how it could possibly come under the reasons for striking out which are:

(a) that the statement of case discloses no reasonable grounds for bringing or defending the claim;

(b) that the statement of case is an abuse of the court’s process or is otherwise likely to obstruct the just disposal of the proceedings; or

© that there has been a failure to comply with a rule, practice direction or court order.

If it is 3.4 that would be a serious case of mismanagement and you would have very good grounds for a set aside.

If I was to contact the courts would they say what it was in relation to? I so hate not knowing all this guessing is doing my head in :lol:

I can't see why they wouldn't, it's not supposed to be a suprise!! :D

It is in this case :lol: Ok thats the plan then I'll contact them in the morn because I cannot spend a week wondering WTF is going on! Any further suggestions in the meantime please send them this way coz im going outta my mind :lol:

Yh put it outta your head and go and find out for sure tomorrow :)

Damn courts should be open til 8 :lol:

Stop going outta your mind, you need it woman!!!

Too late :lol: Its the not knowing :mad::rolleyes:

Have a beer :p

I popping to the garage for 'nipping outside' supplies and then cracking open a bottle of wine :lol:

Ill make sure I post here soon as Ive been in touch with court too as im sure it will annoy you as much as me as the eve goes on :lol:

:eek: I thought that went without saying! :eek:

:D

:D

If I become an alcoholic it is totally the defendants fault :lol:

This is the document for future reference for others:

img001-1.jpg

Is it bugging you yet wannabe?? :lol: Ive posted in legalities as well but no joy yet ;)