style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5054 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When I was bankrupted I just left it to the OR. I was already living somewhere else so I was not worried about being evicted. Like you I was terrified but it was the best thing that could have happened. However, my experience was nearly 20 years ago and as others have said things change and it does seem to be even easier now than it was then. All the best to you and you can look forward to a debt free life.

Although my year is up, unfortunately my ordeal is not yet over. I have assets to dispose of that are ongoing. I.E. My house.

As for the hearing/choice about your home.

The hearing is a piece of cake. An hour or so of your time and freedom.:D

As for your home, only you can decide what is best for you.

Ask your conscience which one you will live easiest with,

Repossessed or Voluntary Repossession ( Handing the keys back )

If you are repossessed you can say, oh well "s**t happens" but at least you are free.

If you hand the keys back, will you always have a nagging thought in the back of your mind that, " What if ".

Hi dodgy geezer. I wish you all the very best and sincerely hope that you resolve your situation. Thanks again for your comments. The 'what if' point puzzles me. Is it a possibility that by a voluntary repo it can come back to haunt me in the future? I would be quite happy to leave things to the OR. Its just the little practicalities to sort out I guess such as council tax and utilities etc and who takes the keys etc :confused:

Regards

ardhaven

The 'what if' point puzzles me. Is it a possibility that by a voluntary repo it can come back to haunt me in the future? I would be quite happy to leave things to the OR. Its just the little practicalities to sort out I guess such as council tax and utilities etc and who takes the keys etc :confused:

Regards

ardhaven

There is no chance whatsoever that it will haunt you from a circumstances aspect. My point was a psychological aspect.

If repo then you can convince yourself that there was no more you could have done.

If you hand the keys back, is that finite, can you accept that, or will you have a doubt that if you had done this or that.

If you are happy to leave it to the OR, job done.

Thanks again dodgy geezer for your help. I am now in the process of filling in the online SOA forms. I am listing my creditors and wonder if I can include a debt to HMRC for overpayments in children's tax credits amounting to £1000.00 (overpayments in 2004/5 but only billed in July 2009!). Also I finished being liable for the Child Support Agency a few years ago but have an attachment to earnings order for arrears (£2700.00). This is not money being collected for my ex wife because she was on benefits at the time so it just goes into the CSA coffers.

It would be great if they could be included! :rolleyes:

Regards

Ardhaven

. I am now in the process of filling in the online SOA forms. I am listing my creditors and wonder if I can include a debt to HMRC for overpayments in children's tax credits amounting to £1000.00 (overpayments in 2004/5 but only billed in July 2009!). Also I finished being liable for the Child Support Agency a few years ago but have an attachment to earnings order for arrears (£2700.00). This is not money being collected for my ex wife because she was on benefits at the time so it just goes into the CSA coffers.

It would be great if they could be included! :rolleyes:

Regards

Ardhaven

Im not sure is the honest answer. Try the Insolvency Services enquiry line. Insolvency on 0845 602 9848

Crown debts cannot be included in a BR.

Im not sure that this is correct

1. It was the crown that made me BR.

2. A £1200 CCJ & 07/08 Income Tax were included in my BR.

• 2 months later...

Hi all

Thought I would give an update of my progress.

On Fri 8th Jan I attended court and was bankrupt within 20 mins. Didn't have to see the judge and the court staff were very friendly and helpful. Spoke to the OR office on the phone for about 2 mins and was out of the building within 35 mins!

I got a letter about a week later and have a telephone interview on Wed.

I moved house 2 days before the BR hearing and handed the keys over to the Nationwide on the 9th Jan.

Thanks again for all the help and advice from fellow caggers.

I do have one other question. If my girlfriend moves in with me say in the next 6 months how will it affect us both financially?

I know that my BR was a while ago now but once I left the building that was it. I could get on with my life debt free. If your girlfriend moves it will make no difference to either of you and no one will be interested financially anyway. Good luck.

• 5 months later...

Hi all

I just thought I would update you on my case. BR on 8th January with OR meeting 2 weeks later. Keys to house handed over as a voluntary repossession on 6th Jan. Income Payment Order agreed 2 weeks later payable from the end of March. House sold end of March.

8th July early discharge from BR completed.

Income Payment Order is for 3 yrs but is managable.

All in all this has been a straightforward process and the court and OR office were very supportive. My life has changed so much more for the good and I feel as though the millstone has been removed from around my neck.

Thanks for all the support from all caggers and I wish everyone in a similar position the very best and hope my story helps you to break free from the burden of debt.

Kind regards

Ardhaven