claiming back charges from KENSINGTON!!! .....

hammers69
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5284 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok i have recently paid off the money i owe to kensington, through the desperate sale of my property. their redemption figure was 3,000 more than what we initially borrowed, robbing ****:-x ...anyway, i have been told you can claim back all the arrears charges (they tried to take me to court for :-x ) could someone please point me in the right direction.

i dont think its right that this company should get away with what it did to me & my partner, & i want to have the last laugh for a change.

so i no longer have an account with them as of the 07/10/09 so where do i start? also how good is the sucess rate against kensington?..i know how awkward & sly they can be.

all help gratefully recieved.:)

I am no expert here but i think you will need to start with a SAR then you can see exactly what they have charged and when. This costs £10, but well worth it IMHO. i have just received all the paperwork from my mortgage company and am currently wading through it all highlighting what has been charged and when! This could take some time!

I think your job may be easier following the FSA report on GMAC under which GMAC have been told to refund such charges

I tried claiming back charges from Kensington at the start of 2008, was refused and went via FOS, eventually getting back (July 2009) half plus 8% interest, so you should expect that as a minimum.

If the GMAC news doesn't worry them and Kensington refuse to refund, I would avoid court action and go to FOS, quoting the FSA decision over GMAC's treatment of borrowers in arrears and maybe you'll get all charges refunded

Good luck

Hi All,

Does anyone have any letters to start off claiming back any charges added on from the mortgage companies, i.e. GMAC, Kensington & Mortgages PLC. (all fees including arrears, DD failures, court fees, solicitors fees)

I am adamant i will get money back from these 3 mortgage companies with the FSA having fined GMAC for abusing people in arrears. This will run into £0000's and with an 8% interest rate should be an interesting amount!!!

Please help thanks,

mcintosh44

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm claiming about 750 from Kensington, I sent them a prelim with a list of charges and compound interest which, they are adding on.

So far they have sent 3 threats to go for repossession and yesterday got a token offer of 100..which they can stick where the sun don't shine.

My feeling is to send it to the FSO and make a complaint to the FSA just warm things up for them..

Donate to keep this site open

Any help or advice is offered as just that, help and advice without any liability. If in doubt consult a legal expert or CAB.

Make Cash Flow Forecast