Incorrect credit to my account..?!

GRL
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, apologies because this isn't directly related to bank charges, but I'm wondering what to do.

Recently I paid some cash into my HSBC account. When I checked my account the amount they had credited me was short of what I had actually paid in!

As it was paid into the machine, I'm unsure as to my rights; I'm waiting for them to contact me back, but what should I do if they refuse to give me the rest of the money?

Any information would really be appreciated!

Yes I have it! ..But it says "the amount paid in is subject to checking by the bank"...obviously I know how much I really paid in but they could argue otherwise...? :(

hmmm, im not to sure here as mine was a machine, im pretty sure they cant keep your money but its hard to prove how much you put in the envelope, some of the more experienced members here should be able to clarify

Hi GRL,

I always use the machine for paying,in the charges are cheaper!. I have made errors in entering the amount paid in when requested by the machine then put the envelope in and realised the amount entered was in correct. I have then advised the counter staff of the error. They claim they always check the amount against the actual paying in slip, especially the cash breakdown. I would ask them to cheque the cash break down against the paying slip and advise you precisely which notes (or coins) were short. This should help you reconcile the amount paid in! However I realise that if someone half inched your payment, there is little you can do other than ask HSBC to keep a record of your alleged loss.