Vodafone & iPhone ***RESOLVED***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5219 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

back in April 2009 my contract was up for renewal with Vodafone so I opened negotiations with them regarding an upgrade and possible new contract. After speaking to Vodafone I decided I would probably leave and go to O2 as I wanted the iphone. I have been a Vodafone customer for over 5 years.

After a few days I was called by Vodafone and I notified them I would be leaving and defecting to O2. I was asked if there was anything they could do in order to retain my custom, my main reason for leaving was that Vodafone did not offer the iPhone. (they can spend 50 million on F1 but can't win the original iPhone contract nor provide me with a signal where I work. Orange, O2 and TMobile can.)

After a few futher days I was contacted by the "people thinking of leaving Dept" I was then offered the HTC magic phone and free insurance etc. I informed them that I would consider it out of customer loyalty. After yet another call from the same Dept I decided to save all the aggrivation of PUC codes, disconnection etc I would accept the upgrade (HTC Magic) and sign another 12 month contract on one condition. This is the important part "SHOULD THE IPHONE BECOME AVAILABLE ON THE VODAFONE NETWORK IN THE NEXT 12 MONTHS OF MY CONTRACT (APRIL 2009-APRIL 2O10) I WOULD BE UPGRADED FREE OF CHARGE WITH NO EXTENSION TO MY CURRENT CONTRACT." After being placed on hold I imagine for the customer services guy to speak to a supervisor I was informed that this was OK and they were happy to go ahead with the upgrade/contract renewal. I then asked for the notes on my account to be read back to me to double check the conditions. I was happy with what was written after a few minor adjustments and proceeded with the new contract/upgrade.

As I'm sure you are aware now the iPhone comes to Vodafone in Late January. I called them to ask about my as promised upgrade per the conditions of my last contract. Only to be informed there was no notes regarding this on my account and I would have to wait until April in order to get the upgrade. As you can imagine I was not impressed and asked to speak to the original person who I spoke to. I asked to be called back but received no call so after 5 days I called Vodafone again. Someone again went through all my notes and found nothing and I was then spoken to by a supervisor who abruptly told me that no such condition would ever have been agreed (in affect calling me a liar) and there were no notes relating to the iphone on my account and I should wait as in his own words "its only a few months anyway until your entitled to the upgrade".

I have to admit I knew the O2 exlcusive deal with Apple was coming to an end although I didn't know when. But I still feel I have been treated appaulingly by Vodafone and basicly I've been called liar and decieved into accepting a contract, I would otherwise not have. If Vodafone would have not agreed to my condition I would not have taken on the new contract.

Sadly I did not get anything in writing. I'm considering just paying up my contract with them and taking my business to O2.

Any help pointers would be appreciated. Although I don't hold out much hope.

The date for Vodafone getting the Apple phone is indicative - there is no form date, other than the formal intention to supply. However, there is still an issue over the model type being available, as I'm led to believe the latest O2 version will still be exclusive to O2 until the expiry of 12 months from launch. This may change, but worth remembering nevertheless.

However, switching networks wimply to get a phone is fraught with problems - especially as coverage will not be the same.

Thanks for the quick replies.

i was informed by the supervisor that late Jan 2010 is the release date for the iphone and Vodafone are advertising on their website its the 3GS model ( the newer iphone) they will stock.

Coming Soon | The Latest New Mobile Phones from Vodafone

• 2 weeks later...

Hi 247orbital,

At the moment there's no official release date for the iPhone but as soon as there is you can be sure there will be lots of media coverage.

If you'd like the Web Relations Team to take a look at this for you you're welcome to get in touch with us by following the instructions set out in our pinned thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed/213340-vodafone-webteam-customers-problems.html

Many thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Edited by Lee_Vodafone

• 1 month later...

further update from Lee,

Lee spoke to me yesterday regarding the iphone as it now has a release date of Jan 14th 2010 from Vodafone. All looks well and an early upgrade looks likely. Sadly the iphone is only available on 18 and 24 month contracts though.

I'll update more when it becomes available in the new year.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to bring this thread to a conclusion, I have had regular contact with Lee since October and as of today I'm very happy to say that an iphone will be delivered to me tomorrow 15/01/10 ,after both parties agreeing to compromises.

Through out the whole process Lee from Vodafone has been excellent to deal with, he has always called promptly and always treated me in polite manner and I would recommend all Vodafone customers use this excellent option if required.

I can't thank Lee enough.

Other networks take note!

Edited by 247orbital