Urgent Help needed three Network will not cancel my contract

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Gordon,

The 'value' of the handset is of no relevance to the consumer, it is the price they actually pay for it that matters. The network may well offer a discount to keep the customer with them, but there is no 'lock in' as there is with contracts - so I maintain using the term 'upgrade' is misleading, it is simply a discount and nothing more.

That said, PAYG has so much going for it to the benefit of consumers, it is little wonder the networks are having to find ways of keeping users on their network, as folk becoming disillusioned with the way they are being treated, and I can fully appreciate this.

• 1 month later...

A little update or part-success story :D

In response to the letter highlighting the contradiction they offered me a £5 monthly discount. I insisted that even with a discount I was still not able to use the BB, it coincided with BB Storm being discontinued and replaced with BB Storm 2. They did not want to replace my Storm with Storm 2 on the same plan of £35 600 minutes and discount and offered me Curve or Tattoo that came with £25 plan. I pointed it out to them and got my plan reduced to £25 300 minutes and swapped Storm for Tattoo, postage paid by Vodafone. They also credited me with pro rata ££ for all 3 weeks' duration of our negotiations.

All within the same contract dates, i.e they did not start new contract with new phone.

Hi,

I have got similar issues with Vodafone's Blackberry Storm, this BB has a sort of battery that needs little of extra care, it would not give you all advertised hours unless you perform certain rituals. But before I learnt that, I bought some extra batteries, it did not help, so I got HTC on another contract and gave up on BB.

Now I am 5 month into contract term of 18, had numerous rows with Vodafone, who said >

On the other hand >

Isn't there a bit of contradiction?

And what about saying at this point that I do not like the coverage? Will it still work? Or they just accept the phone and come after me for £400+ [remaining 13 month of contract]?

Thanks.