Partial refund offered

mgholland
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

does anyone know what action NatWest do the most? i.e payout in full or defend? its just that i have just received a letter saying the charges are correct and i should be well aware of them as they were part of the agreement when opening the account, they are also offering part settlement as "a goodwill gesture". In the letter they give the impression that they would fight it but i dont know if they mean it. At the bottom of the letter it asks me to sign if i want to accept it and that will also mean the case is settled.

I am claiming £2477.00 and they offered me £1021.00. Dont know how or why they came up with that figure. I am worried that by refusing it they could drag it on for ages by which time they have come up with some sort of get out clause and result in me losing it and further costs, or just defend it and win.

The money is quite tempting as it will be in my bank in a couple of days. I only started the claim less than 3 weeks ago.

Has anyone else received this sort of thing and what happened?

Almost everyone has got this, it will drag on, but it is your money, would you rather they had it or you...? If you accept this, you are doing exactly what they want you to do.

You could accept it as part payment to the full amount, but they will probably withdraw the offer.

I can`t tell you what to do, but take a look around, get a few more opinions and decide when you are ready.

Won....:D:D:D...£3778.50