Advice needed!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone im very new to all of this so apologies up front.

are the companies which reclaim bank charges for you any good or do they take alot of the money themselves?

i have already put in a claim for bank charges but nothing has been refunded! if they refunded all the charges it would clear my student overdraft!

i also had two credit cards which i paid back 4 or 5 times its value in charges. these are no longer active, i paid them off about 4 months ago but would love to get some of the charges back. is this possible? i am in financial difficulty to say the least. is there a simple way for me to do this or should i use an agency to do it for me?

any advice would be greatly apreciated.

Ali

Hi,

see the bits in red

Hi Everyone im very new to all of this so apologies up front.

are the companies which reclaim bank charges for you any good or do they take alot of the money themselves?

You have answered this one yourself. They will take quite a sizable sum from you

i have already put in a claim for bank charges but nothing has been refunded! if they refunded all the charges it would clear my student overdraft!

I would write to the bank stating you are in financial hardship as the FSA waiver does not apply

i also had two credit cards which i paid back 4 or 5 times its value in charges. these are no longer active, i paid them off about 4 months ago but would love to get some of the charges back. is this possible? i am in financial difficulty to say the least. is there a simple way for me to do this or should i use an agency to do it for me?

You could use an agency but I wouldn't recommend it for the reason above. It is quite easy to do it yourself but don't expect it to happen quickly

any advice would be greatly apreciated.

Ali

You need to send a SAR to each of the credit card providers. These cost £10 and the letter you need is here:

The Consumer Forums - Bank charges templates (consumer)

Letter 2. Also bookmark the page for future reference.

Send by recorded delivery and they have 40 days from receipt to respond.

Once you get ALL your statements back you should be able to see if there are charges and/or PPI that could be reclaimed.

Hope that helps.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE