Cahoot/Credit Security - CCA

adman31
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5291 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Cahoot used Credit Security Ltd to threaten doorstep collectiones etc.

I sent a CCA to them over 6 weeks ago and got a standard letter saying they're get back to me.

Today I've had a copy of the original agreement from Cahoot - unsigned.

Additionally I've had a a urgent final demand from a new company, Debt Managers Ltd!!

Do I just take the account in dispute line?

Many thanks

Hi adman31, you need to tell debt managers to bog off as you're dealing with credit security and the account is in dispute until such time that you get comfirmation that your CCA is valid.

Please scan and post the CCA they sent you minus personal details and we'll have a look at it for you.

Ok so I can continue to go through Credit Security and not bother with Debt Managers?

The CCA is literally a printed off new agreement. They acknowledge in the covering letter that they are still looking for the signed copy but that it doesn't matter as its enforceable as they have now supplied the information which I requested.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok given up on the scanner so typing below.

Additionally had another final reminder from the other DCA today!

I've just noticed the unsigned credit agreement is to my new address and not the address when I took out the account:

Also I'm also 100% that there is no signed agreement.

Here we go:

I write in response to your request for a copy of your cca under section 78 of the CCCA 1974.

I have enclosed with this letter:

1) a copy of your original agreement, which has been updated with the current financial profile of your account;

2)a signed statement of your account

By providing you with the documents attached to this letter, we have satisfied our obligation to provide you with a copy of the executedd agreement under section 78.

There is no requirement under the CCA to provide you with a copy of th eoriginal signed agreement. We are endeavouring to locate the opy of your signed agreement, but please be assured we would not have opened a credit card account without having sight of a signed agreement. For teh avoidance of any doubt, we have set out in this appendix to this letter your rights under section78.

Having satisfied our obligation under section 78, the agreement you have with us is fully enforceable and we shall continue to treat it as such. We will not be entering into any firther correspondence with you regardign the provision of copy agreements.

Then a bit of general blog about warnings by Ministry of Justice then a final line of:

The entire amount is due and payable immediately.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

So reported to TS, OFT and MOJ as suggested.

However in the post this morning I received a signed CCA.

So my earlier comment re no signed agreement was very wrong! Still almost sure they just sent me the card and then I must have completed this.

The only possible grey area I can see on the signed CCA is that although both myself and the bank have signed the CCA their signature predates mine by eleven days. Should it not be the other way round, ie I sign then they sign?

If not any other angle available to me?

Many thanks,

I would advise you to look very, very, very carefully at the alleged agreement. Let's just say that it is not unknown for DCAs to get a bit creative with Photoshop :eek:

If you have any doubt at all, a Subject Acess Request to the original creditor might well be worth while here.

Hi,

The CCA is direct from the bank not the DCA.

Just looking at it again it is the intial application form and also states "I apply for the Asset card on the Conditions overleaf."

Is an application form the same as a CCA?

Many thanks