"set aside" Fee /on benifits,

DOZY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5322 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am going to ask for a "set aside " of a CCJ 2006, on health grounds and i,m on benifits, and maybe the fact that the CCJ might not have been made on a true CCA at that time , i could not attend court , but from recent experiances i have yet to receive a true CCA from anyone, and knowing that now , i,m thinking of the set aside for that reason and ill health etc.

therefore i wish to know if i have to pay the £75-00 fee , if on benifits, = DLA + pension credit ( i do not receive a pension ,but my wife doe,s ,and i qualify via her as a couple, for pension credit) .

dozy

hI DOZY HERE

On looking at that site ,where it says income limits, my wifes pension plus aa, plus my dla and pension credit may top the £18000 limit as a couple, or are some benifits not counted as income.

dozy

Hi

I do not ,my wife gets AA, but in the pension credit we get disability payments too , rather awkward to explain it all, it is a very complicated subject but Pensions people did it for us , we did not have to do anything about it.

More like a "did you know" = no we didn,t" = " yes you can" format.

so we did it!!.

Talking about disabilitys , we are in line for a disability facilties grant for a bathroom to disabled shower ,sinks etc wet room, awaiting date , also a bit later a "room lift , that instead of going up the stairs , it goes verticuly through the living room ceiling to my bedroom, and bathroom ,sorry shower room!!.

dozy

The £18000 is if your claiming because of low income. If you receive any of the benefits below you are entitled to full remission. If you 'phone the Court Manager of your local courts they will tell you if your benefits count towards remission.

Fee remission if you are on benefits

You will not have to pay the fee if you are on the following benefits:

Income Support;

income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA);

the guarantee credit element of Pension Credit; or

income-related Employment and Support Allowance; or

Working Tax Credit if you are not getting Child Tax Credit as well.

You must ask the court for exemption from the fee. You need to give the court proof that you are getting the benefit. This must be a letter or notice that is less than one month old.

Hi

that, is a problem because you are notified yearly on the amount you will get, in my case the amount has gone up and down ,and changes made almost on a monthly basis , but thankfully have gone up and stayed there , thus last notification would have been around six months ago to last change in circumstances.

dozy