Was I Warned In The Smallprint?

revolution1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All, sorry if this has been asked before. Have searched the site somewhat, and can't seem to find the answer.

I am very keen to start the recommended proceedings against my bank, but have this question first, to save getting egg on my proverbial.

I opened my account around 12 years ago, so do not have the documentation I originally signed. But is it likely, that in the smallprint, I was made aware in advance of the exact costs I would incur?

If this was so, and I signed on the dotted, surely I would be unable to recover the charges?

Hope my question makes sense. And apologies again if this has already been covered.

TIA, Mart.

Don't Let The Bar-Stewards Grind You Down!

Guest NATTIE

Under contract law you can only be charged what it costs to return an item so/chq/dd. So the answer is YES you can claim. It is unlawful

Hi welcome

NSM is correct it doesnt matter what you signed funnily enough. The contract has to be fair and the T&C allowing banks to chagre penalites are deemed unfair.

FWIW I doubt the T&C you signed acutally stated the actual fee, only guessing but it would mean every time the bank changed its rate up or down a bit they would have to throw out all the old literature and start over.

Oh and there was a T&C which alloed them to vary their t&C too without getting you to formally agree i believe.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

To simplify matters somewhat, legally, you cannot be forced to agree to an unreasonable term in a contract. For example, if I wrote a contract that included a term requiring you to sell your children into slavery if you owed me money, this term would be unenforceable.

To simplify matters somewhat, legally, you cannot be forced to agree to an unreasonable term in a contract. For example, if I wrote a contract that included a term requiring you to sell your children into slavery if you owed me money, this term would be unenforceable.

I think the presumption is that you are a consumer dealing with a bank or similar ogranisation.

Small point but important if your chasing business debts i believe.

HTH

glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA