unenforceable credit agreements sold on and chased by dca

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've been reading about successes that caggers have had proving that agreements are unenforcable. Just recently, I have read several threads on another consumer forum that suggests that this is not the end of the matter.They claim that the CCC then sell the debt on to DCA, and the whole process starts again with letters and phone calls, if they don't have any luck , they sell it on -and so the process continues often beyond the 6 year period. So we can look forward to years of being hounded.These people seem to talk with great knowledge and authority.

I have several agreements which I am challenging, and I'm now wondering what the truth is. I did put a post of the consumer forum pointing out that there were a lot of successes documented on this site but they indicated that this was merely the calm before the storm and these caggers hadn't really 'won' as the debt would do the rounds.

I'm hoping that these posters are part of a conspiracy of misinformation formulated by cccs.

I'd love to hear from caggers who could prove them wrong!:oops:

Hi Darkhorse

I don't have personal experience of this but surely there is enough legislation to protect against harassment if that were to happen?

I do hope that someone with first hand experience can confirm this

regards

=================================================================

remember

the Sun is always shining, it's just that you can't see it sometimes

Thanks sunshine, on my good days I think'If they can't do anything but bluster, bring it on!' on not so good days I think'oh no!'

There has been so many successes on this website that I am hoping that the debt remains on your file until it slides off in 6 years, but these DCA can be a bit of a pain in the whatzit even if you are aware of their limitations and your rights.

I'd just like some feed back from others who have been through the process.

Just recently, I have read several threads on another consumer forum that suggests that this is not the end of the matter.

This wouldn't be MSE by any chance? I started my journey of information gathering/empowerment there, sadly only recently, but have not been back since I discovered CAG (wish I'd found it 6 months ago!). My impression is the majority of folks on there think they occupy the moral high ground ("You spent the money so you have to pay it back"), and are unable to distinguish between a moral stance, and a legal one.

I have no personal experience of being chased by DCAs (yet) but am of the firm belief that there is enough factual info and encouragement to be found on CAG to deal with that, on strong and weak days, and for however long it takes to get rid of the lot of them.

The site is moneysupermarket and a lot of the posts are very informative and helpful, but just recently there have been a few that seem to be pushing towards getting a repayment plan organised otherwise you'll be chased by one DCA after another.If anyone wants to take a peek at posts by huckster(am I allowed to say that on here?)

It's good to know that someone is nearing the end of 6 years without experiencing a host of DCAs camped out on their doorstep.I'm beginning to think these guys might just be 'plants'.

I feel much better already-thanks!:)