Boss forcing to admit sickness is own fault...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Wondered if you could help me interpret any legal merit here please.

My girlfriend is a school teacher. She has been off work for 3 weeks due to severe flu.

For each of those 3 weeks, the doctor has prevented her from going to work. Due to the possibility of swine flu, she was also not allowed to go to work due to interaction with children in her job.

She's due back next week.

Last night, her boss (the head teacher) called and asked when she'd be going back into work.

She then asked, out of the blue, for her to sign in writing that she's now okay... and if she contracts the illness again, it's her own fault!!

I'm wondering... is that a legal request? Can she force her to do that?

It's not like it's an illness that she intended to get, or that she did anything in particular to be exposed to. The origin is unknown. It was merely a strong bout of the flu.

Any advice guys?

Thanks!

She then asked, out of the blue, for her to sign in writing that she's now okay... and if she contracts the illness again, it's her own fault!!

:confused: What is the boss frightened off? Has there been any previous incident?

sign nothing and contact your union for advice

This would also be my advice either way.