KEY METRE Can I change it back?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi anyone.:?

Couple quick easy questions here I would like answering please.

My tenant has given notice to vacate, & i have reason to believe in the 6 mths they rented the house on an AST they have had the electric metre changed to a key metre.

Q: How do I stand? can i get it changed back easily & if their is a charge for this , as a Landlord am I liable for the cost, or can I bill the old tenant? I have not recieved any request referance permission to change.

My local makes this easier to ask this forum than phone around or wait on email replies.

Thanks in advanced.

Having had to deal with tenants who left owing £900 in electricity bills, you might consider keeping the meter. In my case, the meter was installed by court order without my knowledge, and the £900 debt was put onto the meter which basically meant you needed to pay 2 or 3 pounds a day on top of the cost of the electricity being used - which is why they left...

When you take over the property, contact the supplier to let them know, and make sure there is no debt on the meter.