kitchen fitted by stores

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Only joined today on some other matter

Have retired after 40 years in the kitchen industry suplying and installing kitchens

If you go to the multiples you will get a flatpack

Not much wrong with them, but by and large they have a reasonable starting price, but at that price are basic.

Nothing wrong with that either - I have seen many a MFI kitchen 20 years old still o.k. if looked after.

But the problem is with people like Homebase/wickes etc

The product is not particularly cheap and you can go to independants who will usually, especially in bad times like now, do lower spec. ranges

Youw will then get proper planning, attention of someone who if not the owner will be really interested in the kitchen and not the Saturday Boy.

He/Her will use a regular fitter rather one from a list and will take interest in the fit.

They will get things often overnight instead of weeks later, and will certainly have planned it asfter seeing your property rather than from a sketch

They will usually access value appliances.

The multiple if having their own , rather than a nominated fitting service basically mug you. For example Wickes , before starting with the fitting costs stick on £400 profit for themselves! It is to cover admin they say, but really it is for commissions to the salesmen and their own profit

So if you buy from them, get your own fitter

Now this is a bit late since you wrote in Sepotember, and to tell you how to select the correct product and get the right price will take me an hour of writing. So if you want more info send a message and I will give you the lowdown!

I must now deal with my own nasty problem

In which County do you live - I get can get you names of recommended , and by that I mean the inside knowledge of good retailers with righ product from the manufacturers reps, they know the good from the ok and the bad.