ulster Bank

lyndah
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello and thank you for the welcome to the forum, i put in a claim for bank charges and like the rest of you am waiting for the hearing etc, my question though is, my branch is refusing to deal with me now due to me putting in a claim!... i am due another charge of £30 due to going over drawn by 45p, due to be taken from my account on the 6th October 09. I asked my bank to refund this and was told they will no longer reply to me due to my claim, i am not sure if the Ulster Bank or rules etc are diff for Northern Ireland. I am waiting on a finacial hardship claim form but to be honest i dont understand most of the jagon and really is anybody going to get any cash back due to the banks situation at this time? can somebody help me understand what to do? I also contaced the ffs and obodsman too..at the min my employer has given us 90 days reduncy notices i am not sure if i am one that will looose my job in 9 days, please help

Just add any further charges to your claim when it comes up.

NI has the same laws as the rest of the UK, slightly different process in the courts. NI County Court Rules rather than Civil Procedure Rules as in England/Wales.

Best to get yourself another bank account just in case - what we call a "parachute account"

Im in NI too. :)

If you feel that you are being discriminated against or that your bank is using retaliatory action against you then you should complain immediately to the ombudsman.

I would suggest that in this case you know down everything that is happening -- all conversations, correspondence etc including dates and times people involved.

Warn the bank that you are complaining to the ombudsman and I suggest that in this case you contact the ombudsman directly and tell them that you feel that as this is a case of retaliatory action against you, then it is not appropriate for you to take it to the bank process first.

hello and thank you for the welcome to the forum, i put in a claim for bank charges and like the rest of you am waiting for the hearing etc, my question though is, my branch is refusing to deal with me now due to me putting in a claim!... i am due another charge of £30 due to going over drawn by 45p, due to be taken from my account on the 6th October 09. I asked my bank to refund this and was told they will no longer reply to me due to my claim, i am not sure if the Ulster Bank or rules etc are diff for Northern Ireland. I am waiting on a finacial hardship claim form but to be honest i dont understand most of the jagon and really is anybody going to get any cash back due to the banks situation at this time? can somebody help me understand what to do? I also contaced the ffs and obodsman too..at the min my employer has given us 90 days reduncy notices i am not sure if i am one that will looose my job in 9 days, please help

Have they previously refunded any charge on your account as a gesture of goodwill? Or are they simply saying that they are declining a refund of charges?

To be blunt, financial hardship is a lifestyle event ie loss of partner, unemployment, etc,etc, leading to a loss of income leading to bank charges and those charges impacting on your ability to repay priority debt arrears(mortgage/rent,council tax, utilities). It is from the point of the lifestyle event is really where you need to look at the charges on financial hardship and argue it in the way I have stated.

Remember, the totality of the charges you ask back for but when or if they offer then think about the above and potentially negotiate a higher amount.

Does the method work? Well, I have had news, in the last week, of the biggest financial payout seen in the last 2 years which was on MSE and I expect them to update it in their email update in the next couple of weeks. Unfortunately they didn't post a thread there but their payout had me jumping up and down with delight. It was a 5 figure number.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf