Moving House: Which letter to send?

shifnal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just moved and want to write to my creditors to let them know. Is there any special letter I need to send to tell them? None of them have yet provided a copy of my CCA and I don't want them to think my change of address has somehow wiped my memory and made me forget this! :)

Thanks!

Do you really want to let these people know that you have a new address if the agreements that they are chasing you for are unenforceable?

Wouldn't it make sense instead to use the post office redirection service. That way you will get all your mail and you can deal with the alleged debts and keep control. Any guess which you consider are enforceable and legitimate, you can give proper notice to that creditor of your change of address. Any agreements which turn out to be unenforceable, you let them do the other thing. Are you change your telephone number or how you simply ported the same telephone number over to a new address? This could be a good time to change your telephone number as well.

To answer your question, there is no template. You just write a letter stating your old address, your new address and the date on which your new address became effective.

One thing you must do, is to send these letters recorded delivery and keep individual copies of each one with the recorded delivery slip. We have hundreds of stories on this forum of creditors who are so disorganised that they receive the letters but never change their records. The result is that a year or so later the debtor suddenly finds that some undpaid billhas accumulated interest, charges, been handed over to debt collectors and has been defaulted and entered onto the credit reference agency register.

Also you should take pictures of the closing and opening readings of your utilities metres on your old and new address so that you have got a proper record.