Interest charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone assist?

I previously had a loan which I cleared and each quarter would receive a statement showing outstanding capital, the monthly payment split into capital and interest following by the remaining capaital outstanding. I would pay say £90.00 each month and this amount would be split into increasing capital payments and decreasing interest payments.

I presently have a loan with the BoS who have top loaded my loan. I wish to dispute the charges and have asked the BoS to provide me with a statement showing my payments split as my previous lender but the BoS have refused point blank stating that it is too much work.

I therefore wish to calculate my own payments so that I can dispute the BoS charges. Does anyone know of a programme/site or the formula to work out my monthly payments in the method I wish to use. My previous lender were quite helpful when I spoke with them but could not help as they just input the figures when they start a loan and the computer calculates the monthly payments and splits the payments for capital and interest.

Try THIS . It's American but works just the same.(remember when inserting dates to put months first)

After calculating details you can then view the Amortization Schedule which will split you payments.

enamae

Please note: I have no qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/Ombudsman-news/40/40_setoff.htm

Enamae,

This has been excellent. Thank you. I had borrowed £6500 but the BoS but my start amount as £8098. I can now use this to work out a settlment figure.

Cheers

Dave

:p