IQOR was Legal & Trade - BOS loan harrassment...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I took out a £6k loan with BOS back in 2001, went travelling and missede a few payments. Came home the buggars caught up with me and passed the debt to DLC (Direct Legal and collections) in 2002 who somehow managed to pass the debt to Legal & Trade in 2006 and then changed name or I was told they changed name to IQOR who are now harrassing me for it.

I stupidly started paying Legal & Trade £40 a month back in 2006 and then upped it to £60 a month when they started harrassing me to pay more.

I have since wised up and wished I hadnt paid any of it to the DCC at all...but I moved house recently and went to collect some old mail from the old address yesterday and found 8 letters from IQOR in the space of 4 months.

One of them is a Notice of Potential legal action telling me the client is now demanding full payment (I forgot to add this was due to me being late with one months payment back in May). The missed payment was made late a week later so I am now back up to date with the payments but they are still sending me letters:

1) Demanding I pay in full on the instruction of the client

2) Demanding me to pay more each month as I am no longer paying enough

3) Demanding me to contact them to discuss the issue

So I called them this morning (witheld my number) and questioned why they are demanding full payment, they told me it was Bank of Scotland demanding it as they still own the debt. So I called BOS and they told me they do not own the debt it was sold to Blair Oliver back in 2002.

So where do I stand now....

Do I need to keep paying them, should I ask for something in writing, how do I find out who owns the debt etc....

Can I stop paying them also??

Thanks

Do Blair Oliver & Scott actually BUY debts? I understood they just acted on behalf of Hbos etc (although they are of course genetically linked as the registrant of the Blair OS website is..HBOS :rolleyes:

How can the same company sell a debt to itself?

They do like to confuse people weedusmaximus.. as 42man says send for the agreement, and maybe Subject Access Request BOS at some stage so you know exactly where you stand with charges, selloff etc

Elsa x

Hey all thanks for the replies...well, this is the confusing thing! I just called back to speak to IQOR to get the address to send my SAR letter to and was told there isnt an address for that as they would not entertain my SAR.

I questioned this and she told me I would need to send it to BOS - but I was under the understanding that it should be IQOR who provide me with the SAR details as they are the ones im paying, they are the ones harrasssing me and they are the ones BOS have confirmed now own the debt??

Does anyone own a debt or is it still BOS as when I called BOS today they said its Blair Oliver Scott????

Grrr I am being passed all over the place?!?! How do I find out who owns it??

STop paying it as you dont know what from where, and whom ever contacts you tell them that untill you can sort out who owes the debt and who you have to pay you are not paying a penny. They will threaten you with court action. Just say to them that you will see them in court that is what I tell them. I had a debt with halifax via BLair scott oliver, i'm going to be hitting them with charges.

Take a deep breath one step at a time and dont worry about tomorrow.

Stop calling people have things in writing so you can build up evedience.

Clear up your confussion. then start making arrangements

Hi again :)

They try and confuse you on purpose.

To clarify..you need to send a Consumer Credit Agreement Request to whoever is chasing you for the money NOW.

To throw light on the sale of the debt and any charges etc on the account, you need to send a Subject Access Request to the original company, ie Bank of Scotland. Bad new is this costs £10.

Send them recorded delivery and don't sign your name..just print it.

Elsa x

PS DON'T TALK TO THEM ON THE PHONE!!! Everything must be in writing from now on.

Quick update - I forgot to mention when speakng to the manager at IQOR she advised me I could send the SAR to them but she would need to obtain the Credit agreement from BOS as they are not legally allowed to keep a copy on their files?

Surely if they are the ones I am paying and they are the ones chasing me for the money then they should have a copy of my credit agreement?

Do I even need to keep paying them if they dont have this?

I advised her I would not be paying whilst the SAR is being processed.

They'll only THREATEN court action that's usually just hot air....they won't, in most cases follow it through. To do that they need a signed credit agreement. Let's wait and see if they've got one :D

In the meantime, once 12 (+ 2 working days) are up from sending the CCA Request, you can legally withhold payment until they complete the request.

Elsa x