MBNA Loan - The battle begins

exchange
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for spotting another error, albeit minor! Dotty50 has spotted that the 'Total Amount Payable' is slightly different, i.e. 13p, to the monthly payment figure times the term, in MBNA's favour of course!

Sorry Dotty50, no facility to add a document to PM's in the same way as you can here! The transfer fee of £50 is included in the 'Total Amount Payable' and the first months instalment. It has not been added to the 'Total Credit Charge for Your Loan'. Appears no interest has been calculated on the transfer charge. Hope that helps

I have just PM'd you again Dotty50. Thanks for looking into this. I don't mind you posting your findings but I feel I need further confirmation. I'm wondering if 4 months and not 3 makes all the fifference for the defrred period. 8.02% compared to 7.9% is too close to what I believe is a margin for error allowed of 0.1%. Any views on this from anyone else welcome.

As for Mandy Reeks, they do seem to have some odd surnames up in Chester!

Bugger, just found the answer in that a tolerance of -0.1% is allowed and +1.0%! So even though I have been quoted 7.9% MBNA or any lender could put 7.8% or 8.9% and still be OK. Not impressed by the wide upward margin for error. Hohum!

Any opinions on the enforceability of this agreement? I suspect it is OK but would like to hear from anyone who has looked into an MBNA loan agreement before and especially where it is one that has been topped up more than once.

Edited by exchange
attachment didn't work

[ATTACH]12889[/ATTACH]

Here is the Loan agreement. If the sums are OK the it is probably enforceable. Problem is none of the figures seem to be correct so far!

I'll try adding the agreement this way then!

Been digging on this site and seems the term 'Cash advance' should be 'Amount of credit'. Trying to get some answers before the next payment is due in just over a week, which I will struggle to pay. Just look at the exchange rate sterling to euro and you will perhaps understand why, as I am in euroland but paid in sterling. Seemed like a good idea at the time:(.

This website is brilliant. I feel relatively confident that all my debts that I have questioned so far are potentially unenforceable and that it is well worth fighting. I would not have survived financially until now without the help and knowledge of the people on here and look forward to the day when I am in a position to donate something to help keep this site alive. Just felt like posting this at this stage!

Crucial part as I see it for lots of us is that it says they couldn't produce the original agreement. If this means they were relying on a copy then MBNA are going to struggle to enforce agreements.

Anyone know how to find out if a journalist has got this right for a change? Sorry, but journalists have a habit of getting things wrong.