• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

MBNA Harrasement and the ICO

exchange
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It is now critically important that as many people as possible write to the three following MPs referencing the petition

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/MBNA-harra-calls/

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

In fact the ICO should be held account for allowing harassment calls, contacting family members and reporting inaccurate information while under dispute.

These MPs are aware, empower them with the number of responses you send to them

Asked by mauricetura to post the above.

It is now critically important that as many people as possible write to the three following MPs referencing the petition

[email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

In fact the ICO should be held account for allowing harassment calls, contacting family members and reporting inaccurate information while under dispute.

Asked by mauricetura to post the above.

Only just received notification, but the deadline says 18th August?????

what do we say to them?

Exchange... like the new avator

Do what I did, and tell them you've had nothing but h a r r a s s m e n t from MBNA! I slipped in a few extras like 300 recorded calls, prescriptions from GP's, no responses to reasonable offers,

Please do it. There are a few MP's out there willing to speak for us ;)

OK, done!

I think that the number of people was quite low.

I mentioned before on various threads that I think that the amount of harassment from these DCAs is so large,it needs a big campaign to stop them.

Lying, deception, calling work/families, etc, is not really acceptable but the industry does this as a matter of course because very few complain.

I am not suggesting that I am the one to start a major campaign, but I think there are sufficient grounds for getting as many signatures as possible to regulate debt collection industry techniques, because at the moment they are doing their own thing.

is there any way of starting such a unified campaign between us all?

Unfortunately the petition is an example of people's reluctance to put their name to something. Despite constantly bumping the thread the response was fairly pathetic given the thousands of people registered on here and those who visit.

I don't have the answer but getting the media behind this as well as MP's must help.

Hi exchange:)

I will be emailing them tomorrow. I (well, Mr L as he's the one with the two MBNA ccounts) did sign the petition and just cannot fathom why there was such a poor response to it - there must be hundreds on Cag with MBNA issues:eek:

Let's hope we have more success with this!

Regards,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Unfortunately the petition is an example of people's reluctance to put their name to something. Despite constantly bumping the thread the response was fairly pathetic given the thousands of people registered on here and those who visit.

I don't have the answer but getting the media behind this as well as MP's must help.

You raise some very important points.

Firstly, this was aimed at MBNA customers, as opposed to DCAs as a whole, so that may limit the response.

Additionally, as you quite clearly state, some people may be reluctant to "put their name" on a petition. This is quite understandable, as many people who look on here are in debt and have lots of contact from DCAs and possibly feel intimidated, frightened or even, in some cases, suicidal. Consequently, the las thing that they are going to do is add their name to a petition.

I have thought about this a lot,as I also have been at the receiving end of DCA tactics, although in each case, I have won and saved over 17 000 pounds as I refused to be intimidated and lied to. Unfortunately, not all people fight back like this. They keep quiet, hiding letters from their family, hoping that the problems will just go away.

There has to be a better way of approaching this predatory industry.

The only way to do this is is to show unity, also as you say, to get the backing of MPs and media to make it high profile.

We have already seen this work for pensions, PPI credit card charges endowments and various other forms of miselling, where big public campaigns have made the banks back off.

Perhaps the next one is going to be the unlawful activities of DCA's.

As I said in my previous email, I am not really the person to start this off, i don't even live in the UK.

However, if a member of the site team reads this, perhaps this could be the catalyst that starts such a campaign.

It needs a co-ordinated effort from the top,well publicised, including the backing of MPs and the media.

Then, perhaps, the untold thousands of people using sites such as this, may feel confident in adding their name to a petition.

For every day, for every our, that we debate this without instigating any action, the credit industry, including banks, building societies, credit cards and DCA's, to name but a few, will continue to promulgate their predatory techniques, for the benefit of the few, at the expense of the majority.

[email protected] .uk

[email protected]

alanbeith@berwicklibdems. org.uk

In fact the Information Commissioners Office should be held account for allowing harassment calls, contacting family members and reporting inaccurate information while under dispute.

Thanks for the responses so far.

And we should thank mauricetura for taking the initiative again in starting this.

He is also preparing another petition.

alisindebt, I too am not in the UK so it is difficult for me to be active as well.

I agree with all you have said but someone needs to be dtermined enough and have the time to start an effective campaign which would be, I suspect, like a full time job.

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

I concur with you, it would be a full time job for an individual to create such a campaign and sign up as many caggers and others on a high profile petition, backed by MPs and also the media.

Much as I have had success in challenging my debts successfully, and as such would be a possible candidate for such an undertaking, I am based in Taiwan and it would not be practical for me to be an Ambassador for such an undertaking.

However, as I said in my earlier listing, it would be great if you could take this as being a "catalyst" for the right person to be appointed and to start the ball rolliwng.

Is there anyone on the site team that could do this, or could anyone else volunteer?

I will put my money where my mouth is and say this-i will donate 100 pounds to CAG if we can get this off the ground.

Can we do this? Can we find the will to pull together as a collective team and send out a big message to the world. Or are we going to continue fighting individually?

It's up to all caggers out there, can we do this?

[email protected] .uk

[email protected]

In fact the Information Commissioners Office should be held account for allowing harassment calls, contacting family members and reporting inaccurate information while under dispute.

Bumping

hi guys ask the MP's also to look into new legislation for the credit reference agenices also and give the ICO and fsa more teeth to be able to prevent such companies circumnavigating the law.... the crowther report in which they rely on was written thirty years ago.... the internet and data was a small thing then. no these ltd companies sell our data to any one willing to pay and stuff the damage info right or wrong.... there should be new laws based on the data of today not in the 70's.... it is credit reference agencies fuelling the credit crunch by holding inaccurate data and listening to companies who dole out defaults like smarties becasue they can without getting ccj....

Only direct action by the masses will work....

Look at all successes they have never come from negotiation!!!

[email protected] .uk

[email protected]

bumping

I would respond by pointing out that you may not be one of their constituents but your vote in the next general election will be for the party which listens!

I am happy to rely to them in whichever way I am guided, no probs, will also copy my own LibDem MP in, am friends on Facebook with him now:p, but I thought I should also point out about this being a much-need group action, maybe even refer to CAG:confused:

You can do us a template email if you like :rolleyes:

I firmly believe a campaign is needed. I have fortunately have not had problems with debt collection agencies as have managed or to be more precise struggled to pay creditors. However I have had numerous nuisance phone calls at home on my mobile and my ex place of work which I left nearly 2 years ago. All calls have been of Asian origin.It is ironic that they will try to contact you 5 or 6 times a day at least. Yet you as the debtor cannot contact your creditor with regard to unfair charges and have to rely on sending them a letter and waiting months for a reply which does not comply with your request.

Certain creditors believe they have the right to change terms and conditions as they see fit to bring in as much money as they can in the present economic climate. Nothing more than pure theft in reality.

Banks have been bailed out by the tax payer but are doing nothing in real terms of alleviating real debt.

There are no other organisations that can automatically fine you and debit your account directly.

I have to work away from home much of the time now so am not in a position to head a major compaign.

I firmly believe a campaign is needed. I have fortunately have not had problems with debt collection agencies as have managed or to be more precise struggled to pay creditors. However I have had numerous nuisance phone calls at home on my mobile and my ex place of work which I left nearly 2 years ago. All calls have been of Asian origin.It is ironic that they will try to contact you 5 or 6 times a day at least. Yet you as the debtor cannot contact your creditor with regard to unfair charges and have to rely on sending them a letter and waiting months for a reply which does not comply with your request.

Certain creditors believe they have the right to change terms and conditions as they see fit to bring in as much money as they can in the present economic climate. Nothing more than pure theft in reality.

Banks have been bailed out by the tax payer but are doing nothing in real terms of alleviating real debt.

There are no other organisations that can automatically fine you and debit your account directly.

I have to work away from home much of the time now so am not in a position to head a major compaign.

A very good response though, maybe you could keep subbing :cool: