Urgent Help is Needed

madasahatter2981
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don’t know if this is the right area for me posting the topic but I am in need of some urgent help.

About 2 years ago I took a car out on finance with Welcome Car Finance. Everything was good till up to a year ago when the clutch and brakes went on the car and I got in touch with Welcome Car Finance to get it sorted and they said they would, and then I didn’t hear anything. Since then I haven’t paid any money towards the agreement and the car has been sitting static for about year doing nothing apart gathered dust.

The car isn’t drivable because of the clutch and brakes not working. The car is in a parking bay at my house next to some oil tanks. My mother rents the current property we are living in and she today got a letter from the landlord asking because the painters couldn’t get into the oil tankers to paint them, that the car would within two weeks be moved.

Legally, I don’t know where I stand. I haven’t heard anything from Welcome Car Finance for about a year. Every time I write to them, they just send me a bill of how much I owe. Recently within the last year I was made bankrupt and therefore the car had to go back to the finance company, but as I have said before I haven’t heard anything from them for about a year.

So I was wondering, legally where do I stand? Can I sell it to a scrap dealer and get some money for the car? What can I do? I do not know what to do?

Help please Urgently!!!

Alex

Hello and Welcome, Alex.

I'll move your thread to the Welcome Finance Forum, you'll get help in there.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi, just to be sure, you've paid approx 1 year of the agreement, less than 1/3 of the total? Do you have a copy of the agreement you could scan up here, minus any identifying details?

You've had no real correspondence from them? No Default notice or demands for payment?

Is the car SORN? Is the agreement address different to where the car is parked?

Sorry for all the Q's, just trying to get a better picture.

• Haha 1

Hi, just to be sure, you've paid approx 1 year of the agreement, less than 1/3 of the total? Do you have a copy of the agreement you could scan up here, minus any identifying details?

You've had no real correspondence from them? No Default notice or demands for payment?

Is the car SORN? Is the agreement address different to where the car is parked?

Sorry for all the Q's, just trying to get a better picture.

I dont want to upload any images up to this forum because of unscruplated characters might use my information even with all the identifiying information taken off

I have a bill from them saying i owe so much money and a debt letter from a company after the money. I have no demand letters from Welcome Finance or default notices.

I have only paid less then a 1/3 of the bill.

yes the car is SORN. The car is parked at the address that is on the agreement.

The thing is that I have been made bankrupt and the car was going to go due the bankrupt procedure but I havnt heard from anyone since about a a year ago and then when i write to welcome and ask what is happening they send me bills and then i get a letter from a debt company asking for the money. I am totally confused on what is going on