Welcome Problem

qualitystreet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4590 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes I am going to do that Weds....pay day. I take it that because I dont have PPI insurance only the other two Gap/Mech this is still ok to do this?

Also do I need to SA Welcome?

If a relative had all three insurances should they SA Welcome? or Direct Group? This loan was settled 18 mnths ago.

I am not going to pay this month but try to put a little away incase I need it

Thankyou so much for yr help - I will keep in touch with you

Have rcd thistoday - maybe from my phone call of four or so wks ago:

Copy of Welcome Shortfall Extra Ins (05) WCF (from Direct group)

Please find enclosed a copy of Welcome Mechanical Breakdown and Shortfall extra Ins Policy Wording as rqstd. Just copies printed out with no personal details/dates etc.

But this bit is interesting and makes it not worth the paper its printed on methinks>>>>>>>>>

"5 You must show that the repayments (excluding option documentation fees) you make under the agreement are equal amounts payable at monthly intervals for the full duration of the agreement, or alternatively equal amounts paid monthly with a final deferred amount payable at the end of the agreement, if applicable."

I take that is just another little innovation of Welcome/Direct Group - if anyone in slightly in arrears or has not made all the monthly payments on time in equal amnts then the insurance is null and void....

• 5 months later...

their answer for this is you sign 30days before first payment so in effect from the start to the finish its an extra month ive asked them this :lol:

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Why on my Experian file would it say my credit was over 49 months - when on the signed and dated agreements it over 48? would this give them an advantage against mein any form and should I get it corrected.

Hi Qualitystreet, you will not be able to get your experial file corrected. All you can do is put a notice on it. My account has been in dispute with welcome since September, they have ignored all the information on the account in dispute letter i sent, and now have put my credit file in arrears by 6 months. they refuse to take it off, experian cant do anything to take it off either. Welcome say they do not have to take any notice of the account in dispute letter as they are not covered by the banking code - (load of rubbish i know). My next step now is to take them to court - my only option left.

• 1 year later...

''electric2''-I see from your earlier posts that you was trying to claim back Mechanical Breakdown Insurance & Shortfal Extra Insurance from Welcome .I have been mis-sold this insurances too and i would like to ask you did you won anything back from them and if yes could you please give me some advise what i should do.