• Tweets

• Okay, perfect. they did say BS is invoked as soon as i fill in their application form, ill get a pin. i had to press them more on this as they didnt want to discuss BS much. so i should fill in the form and get the pin, then i can initiate BS. What will follow and what should i do after? Thanks again for all the help and patience.
    • Good evening, so not a good weekend reviewing paperwork -- I have lost some proofs of postage.. also, although not provided at CCA, they have now supplied a DN in their WS, please see scan of claimants WS (without statements) Document with tick boxes as signatures doesn't look like an agreement and is split across pages. Documents have been stapled and copied multiple times looking at the top left of them. Aside from that, having read other threads, I suspect they have everything? appreciate your input please Sorry for heavy redactions, I noticed the paperwork was see-through LinkHalifaxCC1.compressed.pdf
    • Received a final demand today Final demand.pdf
    • Here is my final draft: I, XXXXXX, being the Defendant in this case will state as follows; I make this Witness Statement in support of my defence in the claim and further to my set aside application dated 1 November 2022. The claimants witness statement confirms that it mostly relies on hearsay evidence as confirmed by the drafts in person in the opening paragraph. It is my understanding they must serve notice to any hearsay evidence pursuant to CPR 33.2(1)(B) (notice of intention to rely on hearsay evidence) and Section 2 (1) (A) of the Civil Evidence Act.   1.        The claimant failed to comply with the additional directions ordered by District Judge Davis on the 2 February 2024 'The Claim shall be automatically struck out at 4pm on 3 April 2024 unless the Claimant delivers to the Court and to the Defendant the following documents.' None of these documents were received by the court nor the defendant by that date.   2.        I understand that the claimant is an Assignee, a buyer of defunct or bad debts, which are bought on mass portfolios at a much reduced cost to the amount claimed and which the original creditors have already wrote off as a capital loss and claimed against taxable income as confirmed in the claimants witness statement exhibit by way of the Deed of Assignment.   As an assignee or creditor as defined in section 189 of the CCA this applies to this new requirement on assignment of rights.  This means that when an assignee purchases debts (or otherwise acquires rights under a credit agreement) it also acquires certain obligations to the borrower including the duty to comply with CCA requirements (such as the rules on statements and notices and other post-contractual information).  The assignee becomes the creditor under the agreement. This ensures that essential consumer protections under the CCA cannot be circumvented by assigning the debt to a third party.   3.        The alleged letter of claim dated 7 January 2020 was served to a previous address which I moved out of in 2018, no effort was made to ascertain my correct address.  I have attached a copy of my tenancy agreement which is marked ‘Appendix 1’ and shows I was residing at a difference address as of 11 December 2018 and was therefore not at the service address at the time the proceedings were served.  I have also attached an email from my solicitors to the Claimants solicitors dated 14 July 2022 which was sent to them requesting that they disclose the trace of evidence they utilised prior to issuing the proceedings against me.  This is marked ‘Appendix 2’.  The claimants solicitors did not provide me with these documents.   4.        Under The Pre-Action Protocol for Debt Claims 2017 a Debt Buyer must undertake all reasonable enquiries to ensure the correct address of a debtor, this can be as simple as a credit file search. The Claimant failed to carry out such basic checks. Subsequently all letters prior to and including ,The Pre action Protocol letter of claim dated 7 January 2020 and the claim form dated 14th February 2020 were all served to a previous address which I moved out of in 2018.   5.        I became aware of original Judgement following a routine credit check on or around 14th September 2020.   6.        Upon the discovery of the Judgement debt, I made immediate contact with the Court and the Claimant Solicitors, putting them on notice that I was making investigations in relation to the Judgement debt as it was not familiar to me.  I asked them to provide me with a copy of the original loan agreement but this was not provided to me.   The correspondence to the Claimant Solicotors is attached and marked ‘Appendix 3’   7.        I then sent a Data Subject Access Request to Barclays but no agreement was provided. Details the timeline of communication between myself and Barclays are attached and marked ‘Appendix 4’and the copies of correspondence between myself and Barclays are attached and marked ‘Appendix 5’.   8.        The claimant relies upon and exhibits a reconstituted version of the alleged agreement.   It is again denied that I have ever entered into an agreement with Barclaycard on or around 2000.  It is admitted that I did hold other credit agreements with other creditors and as such should this be a debt that was assigned to Barclaycard from another brand therefore the reconstituted agreement disclosed is invalid being pre April 2007 and not legally enforceable pursuant to HH Judge Waksman in Carey v HSBC 2009 EWHC3417.  Details of this are attached and marked ‘Appendix 6’.   The original credit agreement must be provided along with any reconstituted version on a modified credit agreement and must contain the names and address of debtor and creditor, agreement number and cancelation clause.   9.        Therefore the claimant is put to strict proof to disclose a true executed legible agreement on which its claim relies upon and not try to mislead the court.   10.   As per CPR 1.4(2)(a) the court encourages parties to cooperate with each other in the conduct of proceedings in order to try and save time and costs for the parties and to also save the time and resources of the court however, despite vast attempts at mediation the claimants have been most unreasonable and have remained unwilling to mediate. Until such time the claimant can comply and disclose a true executed copy of the original assigned agreement they refer to within the particulars of this claim they are not entitled while the default continues, to enforce the agreement pursuant to section 78.6 (a) of the Credit Consumer Act 1974. I believe that the facts stated in this Witness Statement are true.  I understand that proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes, or causes to be made, a false statement in a document verified by a statement of truth without an honest belief in its truth. Signed                 ………………………………………………….. Name                  XXXX Date                     30 April 2024
    • Only trying to help.  Ain't being nasty.  Some
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Contractual interest?

Glenn UK
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6347 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think, although i stand to be corrected, that this was my thread?

In which case i feel at perfect liberty to inform you all that the pants are generally ok, although somewhat leaky overnight, but the colours good and the stains dont show.

So for those of you who have previousley clicked my scales, just make sure you wash your fingers!!!!

Glenn

PS you have to have a grin now and then dont ya?

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest willowb

So for those of you who have previousley clicked my scales, just make sure you wash your fingers!!!!

Or seek medical advice:rolleyes:

Wxx

Or seek medical advice:rolleyes:

Wxx

I'll just click with rubber gloves on, I think.

If you really want some fun, though, I've got a pair of those elbow-length ones somewhere. :eek: - I think THAT would be termed a PM in no uncertain terms !!

I dunno, I thought I had mopped up the mess before I went out, and look wot 'appens ? You're right, Glenn, this WAS your thread. "Glenn.....you've just LOST "Contractual Interest." !!! :grin: Next time, you better lock the cockpit door.

"Behold the monster I have created !"

I see you're platinum, mate (4WD shopping trolley level). Has anybody ever been demoted, yet ?

Guest willowb
I'll just click with rubber gloves on, I think.

If you really want some fun, though, I've got a pair of those elbow-length ones somewhere. - I think THAT would be termed a PM in no uncertain terms !!

:o :eek: :eek: Ahem.....I am presuming that you are a vet? in which case that's fine but just in case you are not.....please seek help:-| :p And, what the feck does PM stand for? (worried expression) I know it's not Personal Message:rolleyes:

Ahem.....I am presuming that you are a vet? in which case that's fine but just in case you are not.....please seek help:-| :p And, what the feck does PM stand for? (worried expression) I know it's not Personal Message:rolleyes:

No - wrong guess, Willow. Customs officer. :lol:

...and I MEANT "Personal Message." :grin:

Brilliant un-smiley !! There ya go Glenn - all yours !!! :p

hijacked_thread.gif

PMSL! :lol:

links to my current claims ...

My claim - Yorkshire Bank Visa

chezt V RBS Mastercard

Chezt v RBS Joint Account

chezt v Abbey Credit Card

Settled ...

chezt V Duet Card/Creation Finance

chezt v's Studio Cards

chezt v's Littlewoods Catalogue

Next ...

Abbey Joint a/c & Single a/c

Barclaycard (Mine & Hubby's)

Anyone else I can think of ...! :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Any chance I could have a look at your letters for claiming charges+comp cont interest? and your spreadsheet? not sure how to go about this, and want to check i'm doing it right. Not as clever as wot u lot r!! :oops: (U know the type, gives blondes a bad name etc) lol

cheers

Sweet

:lol: Sweetrevenge :lol:

Don't get mad - get even!

If I've helped you please hit my scales 'n' bump my rep!

RBS (My A/c) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent /10/06, statements rec'd 20/10; Prelim sent 3/11/06, s*d off letter rec'd 20/11; LBA sent 28/11, Settlement offer rec'd 18/12

WON at LBA with compound contractual interest £607

RBS BF Account S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 4/11, part response rec'd 28/11, further info sent 3/12 awaiting statements at 20/12, Sent LBA 19/01/07. Received all statements resulting in 3 claims, £1,278, £4,279 and £7,250(!) all with contractual interest.

This is now very out of date!!!!

Hi Sweetie,

Despite the impression the previous bunch of posts might have given you, they're a helpful bunch here !!! There are some clever sods on this forum, and some thickos like me, but between us all we seem to be able to achieve some awesome results. It takes a bit of time & effort, but it's well worth it.

Looks like you've got some reading up to do first, though !!! Check out these threads, and you'll probably find just about all you need to know - or all you WANNA know !!! :o

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/7252-new-way-looking-interest.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/18313-why-no-one-claiming.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/28574-authorised-interest-unauthorised-interest.html

You'll be glad you did, I'm sure.

BTW I think Glenn will be pleased to see a relatively sensible post on here again, too, so thanks for that !!

Bill. :)

• Haha 1

Me, relatively sensible - whoho, the disguise obviously worked then. :lol:

Seriously though, I have to admit to having read all these threads - oh how slowly the mists are clearing! - and I think I've got the drift but it would be nice to check against a live/won letter and spreadsheet? If not, could anyone answer the following questions about filling in the spreadsheets?

a) how do I calculate av o/d balance?

b) I sometimes have two charges (one for referrals, one just charges, say for apr) one taken out in april, but the other, plus the interest for april (including proportion as interest on charges) is taken out of my account in May. The spreadsheet calculates the interest on the penalties automatically so what do I put in the interest column, the interest charged for april or the interest for may or both?

c) if you continue to be o/d throughout these and future months (even though no more charges may be incurred cos, like me, you've stupidly upped your o/d limit) are you still paying interest on the charges and if so how do you enter 'interest still being paid due to charges only' items into the spreadsheet?

Or not, if you see what I mean. I hope you're not as confused as I am :confused:

Any help gratefully accepted. It might be wise to have a strong one before trying though! :lol: thanks

RBS (My A/c) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent /10/06, statements rec'd 20/10; Prelim sent 3/11/06, s*d off letter rec'd 20/11; LBA sent 28/11, Settlement offer rec'd 18/12

RBS BF Account S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 4/11, part response rec'd 28/11, further info sent 3/12 awaiting statements at 20/12, Sent LBA 19/01/07. Received all statements resulting in 3 claims, £1,278, £4,279 and £7,250(!) all with contractual interest.

Sweetie - Did I just get a click ? If so, thanx. But I didn't really earn it, as it seems you've done your groundwork, after all (been there - got the headache, eh? :cool: !!)

I have to confess that I ain't gonna be much help to you, here, as I never got charged a lot of O/D interest (smug sod :mad: ) - so I didn't bother trying to work out how to claim that. If it's not likely to amount to much, then I'm not inclined to bust a gut claiming it.

Have you used Vampiress's spreadsheets (in the Google facility) ? They seem to have all the columns for O/D interest. Also SirOweALot previously mentioned his spreadsheet, and Vamps showed interest in it, as Sir seems to have a good grasp of this. Maybe they'll stop by and give you some pointers.

Regarding specimen letters, templates, POC's, etc., I have found some posted by members in their own threads - but there are so many now, that it's like taking a solo row across the Pacific ocean in a rubber dinghy. But have a trawl sometime, and Save any useful posts.

I personally have found Mindzai & Lucid's contributions particularly useful, then there's AlanFromDerby, then....so many threads - so little time !!! ;)

HTH

Bill.

You got a click because sweetie's been watching you - you're all over the place, giving advice and encouragement and generally being a very nice gorilla. So the thanks wasn't just for responding so quickly and helpfully to me, but for all the good you generally do. Wish everyone was like that!

:p

You got a click because sweetie's been watching you - you're all over the place, giving advice and encouragement and generally being a very nice gorilla. So the thanks wasn't just for responding so quickly and helpfully to me, but for all the good you generally do. Wish everyone was like that!

:p

Well, thanks, sweetie - you're very kind.

I'm impressed that you've been watching me - it's not as though I have much to input factually, but I have taken so much away from this forum, though, that I feel obliged to contribute something in return. That's the way it works with a forum, I believe. Unfortunately, it's quantity rather than quality in my case, but it's the best I can do !! Biblically, I believe, the "Widow's Mite" is a New Testament equivalent of that, but I can't remember whose Gospel it comes from. Go on - show me you're not all bad - and tell me !!

Who are you claiming from yourself ? Perhaps we can share experiences - although I have to confess that (despite my avatar) I still have a lot to learn !! ;)

All the best from a fellow insomniac,

Bill. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone posted a list of what the various banks' Contractual Rates Of Interest have been over the past 6yrs?

It would be great to have it all in the one place to refer to before attempting the spreadsheets.

I can't seem to wrench this information out of my bank! - RBOS.

Ta

221b

Guest willowb

hummmm I've wondered that myself....have you tried googling for past interest rates? I assume that you have to charge the interest rate applied at the time of the charge and not at the time of the claim:?:

3 glasses of wine.....what'ya expect:p

Wxx

hummmm I've wondered that myself....have you tried googling for past interest rates? I assume that you have to charge the interest rate applied at the time of the charge and not at the time of the claim:?:

3 glasses of wine.....what'ya expect:p

Wxx

Yes, I thought that too, but some people seem to think you should just use whatever the current contractual rate is and let the court(s) decide if this is way off the mark - I expect the banks would soon kick off if the figures were way out :rolleyes: !

It seems a lott less hassle to use the current rate, but a chart of various charges/rates would be useful to have on the site I think. With everyone contributing, it wouldn't take long...

221b

Guest willowb

ok.....4 glasses of wine and what wouldn't take long? anything where everyone added in different interest rates for different years and different banks would take ages to moderate!!! is that what you meant?

I think that, really, claiming the current contractual rate seems much easier. would it be that much difference? .25% or even 1%....I dunno....can't think of a solution:) ...hiccup....:(

Wxx

I personally wonder if trying to work out the interest applicable at different points throughout our claim is erring on the side of excessive precision. I had originally thought that precision is the key to winning one's claim, but I am slowly realising that as personal litigants we are not expected to have to apply so much precision. Just being reasonable seems adequate - after all, we have our own jobs to do and lives to lead, whereas the banks are "professionals."

I have so far received three DPA sar's, and not one of them showed the interest rates in force throughout the period covered. If the banks don't supply that info with the SAR, then I think it is quite reasonable to use the rate applicable at the time of the claim.

They would have to take it right into court if they really wanted to apply all the previous rates, and they would have to do all the donkey-work themselves, in addition to risking the Judge's wrath and standard disclosure.

JMHO

Bill.

PS - Sweetie - did I offend you by offering you a bite of my banana too soon ? Haven't seen you around lately !! :lol:

Guest willowb

Hi:)

when did you offer me a bite of your banana?***hiccup***

and....how dare you take advantage of a slightly ***hiccup*** inebriated female!!!!

or have I got the wrong end of the stick...ahem...banana?:p

Wxxx

errrm I did tip your scales today! or is that not enough for you???:mad: bloody apes! it's all ME ME ME!!! LOL

Sorry - looks like you two guys posted while I was typing in mine. It looks like we agree, 221b, that applying the current rate is good enough.

It looks like Willow is in a position to agree to whatever you put under her nose at the moment !! Sorry, Willow - it's Saturday night again, innit ?

No - let's try and behave (er - google it !!) - Thanks for keeping an eye on Chezt after the last pillow-fight we had - I got your wee clickie, cheers. Here'e lookin' at you, kid !!

Guest willowb

bloody apes....can't trust'em!!!:lol:

btw Bill:x saturday nights theses days are me spent in doors with my children and the only thing I get to sniff is the perfume on my own pillow:-( ......or.....the very good bottle of shiraz I have under my nose at the moment........but it's certainly NOT typical!!!!! To think, I may have had bite of your banana!!!:x

Wxxx:p

Oh God - too late - she's had her fifth glass, and it's getting dangerous here, already !!

Sorry - Willow - I guess I'll always be in trouble with you. I was responding to the mods decree that I, too, should put myself about a bit after over-clicking !!

SweetRevenge seemed a good prospect, but I think she turned into a banana-teaser !!

It's hard to keep up with you lot sometimes !!

Sorry - I'll reword that. It's difficult to keep abreast...aaah - forget it !!!

I give up. I'll be up me tree if anybody wants me. :-x:D