Savastore/watford Electronics

Guest Niklowe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6468 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Niklowe

I bought a laptop for my son from this company. It was cheaper than most others. I now know why.

After 13 months the display failed, so I contacted them by E mail as this is their

preffered method of contact
It took three months to have it repaired!!

Less than 8 months after that the display failed again. This time it 4 months and numerous E mails, Letters to trading standards etc.

Their customer services was a complete joke, If you phoned, not only were left in a queue for ever but what they didn't tell was that you were charged 8p/min for the pleasure. In the second case I exchanged 93 E mails with them.

Since then the power lead became so hot, that is now permanently welded into the laptop!

I sorry to say that I have given up with them and bought my son a desktop.

On another general consumer note, go to the

Grumbletext
website before you buy from a retailer and you will get a good idea how that retailler operates.:D

Thats harsh - sorry that happened, the thing is with sites like youi mentioned is that someone is always going to have had a problem (in their eyes at least) with a shop and if you believe all the complaints you'd never end up shopping anywhere.

One shop that I would reccomend for things like electronics etc is John lewis - now they may be a bit pricier but they price match any UK land based shop and give a free 5 year waranty, which for laptops (which never last 5 years) is indispensible.

I have to agree re: savastore I ordered a monitor from them 2 years ago and it disappeared from Amtraks tracker I called Amtrak and they had no record of it (ie they lost it) I emailed Savastore no reply they say allow 48 hours for a reply errrr WTF??

I called and spent 90 minutes on hold and was eventually told they would ship another one but would take longer (ie they were hoping the other one would turn up in the meantime)

Would not deal with them again but phone no worse than ebuyer for example another co I wouldnt touch

Guest Niklowe

savastore was fast catching up with YesCarCredit for complaints, and we know what happened to them.

I just think it is well worth reading reviews of companies you buy from, Only read independant reviews, not those on the companies website

I bought a Printer/Fax/Photocopier/Scanner I'm sure there are other things it does but I can't remember, from them. It was reduced in price but they said it was in full working order. It arrived and the display on the front was not working. I e-mailed them and got a reply saying basically what did I expect it was reduced in price.

I pointed out that they said it was working and there were no problems with it. A lot of e-mails went back and forth. To cut a long story short I asked for a refund of part of the price as I felt that they had not been truthful.

They refused saying I should send it back to be repaired, boxed and in original packing and in the condition it was delivered in!!! The printer had not been packed in the correct packing when it came so I couldn't do that.

I was just about ready to get on the phone and tear them off more than a few strips when I looked at the little LCD on the front and it slowly came to life. This was after weeks and weeks of it showing a blank screen.

So, I left it alone and it has worked without any problems since. Maybe the threat of going back to Watford/Savastore scared it into working.

But as far as their After Sales service, what can I say, It's the pits.

Oh yes this isn't the first time I have had dealings with this lot, it's the second. The first time I had to go through the hoop to get them to change a motherboard that was DOA, and a badly damaged PC case.

I should have remembered what they were like. Still you can always hope that they have finally got their act together :rolleyes: