Miss-Sold PPI by Llyods on Credit Card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to the forums,

I was hoping to get a little advice regards the miss sold PPI that my wife was sold around 3 years ago. She was self employed and the agent on the telephone informed her that the PPI insurance was essential and neccessary in the event that she lost her job.

After her business got into a little diffiiculties and was forced to close we continued to miss some payments and struggled. A freind in the back alerted us to the fatc that there was PPI coveringh the card.

We made a claim against this and thats where the underhand tactics of the bank ensued. They sent up claims advisor from Vincent Sherman Assocoiates...who basically wrote the statement of claim and my wife just agreed with him....she belivieved he was here to help her through the process.

After several weeks they were back in touch to say that ....technically she was not in working in the shop for more the 16 hours per week as he had put it to her that if she worked two days in the shop this was around 10 hours....He knew the policy required her to be woring 16 hours....after we appealed and explained that she was also working many extra hours for the buisness outwith the shop...they explained that was contracidtory to what the advisor had taken down.....I think they were never going to pay out especially after discovering these forums and reading first hand the tactics employed by the banks and there cronies.

Anyway I have SAR Llyods Credit Card and a Select Account and the sent 4KG woth of pre printed rules and guidelines and info re our mortgage....They have not complied and I told them so.

I am now unsure wether to fight them on the miss selling of the PPI or Reclaim my unfair charges that they levied.......I think it is a lost cause to try and get London Edinburgh (Aviva) to pay out on the policy as they are so underhanded I would doubt they are even receonsidering this claim....theya re just delaying.....

Please Help we dont know how to proceed!

thanks for any info

write to lloyds and inform them that they have failed to comply with your requests. Also inform them they have sold you a totally unsuitable and useless product, the PPI. Tell them you wish the premiums plus the interest that has incurred to be returned to you. They will send you a standard "we are investigating your complaint" letter, then they will send you a "bog off" letter.

Once you get your bog off letter lodge a complaint with the FOS. Along the way if they have still not provided all of the account info for your credit card you can place it into dispute and halt payments, this usually gets their attention!

Please be warned though PPI reclaiming is not for the faint hearted, be prepared for a huge battle! the last thing in the world they want to do right now is return your money!!!

Good luck ;)

• Haha 1

9-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent:o !! Lloyds and Halifax!

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Capital One

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax Card Services

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Marbles

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax (Birchave0's sis)

8-3-07 PPI refund Lloyds TSB Loan £1200 + £2900 off loan balance

22-5-07 Halifax *Won* £1025

23-9-07 Goldfish 8k balance written off, £2300 PPI + charges returned, no agreement

Thanks very much mate.

I will issue them with the PPI refund letter today...can you tell if successfull and they refund the premiums plus interest,

1/ Will I need to raise a seperate action for refund of bank charges and or will they reduce an amount off the balance like they did with your PPI claim.

Much appreciated for your help birchave

the PPI on the credit card will have incurred contractual interest, not simple, so any refund of premiums should include this interest.

The charges on the card are another matter but can be claimed back, these will also have incurred contractual interest.

You can make two claims, 1 for PPI, the other for your "unlawful" default charges.

If the account is in arrears and Lloyds agree to a refund (usually as an act of "Goodwill") they will use the refund to offset money they are owed against the account. This is called "redress", however I believe this can be challanged as the PPI is a separace entity. This is just my opinion though! I'm currently trying this out on Halifax via the FOS! ;)

cheers

birchave0 (miss!) ;)

9-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent:o !! Lloyds and Halifax!

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Capital One

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax Card Services

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Marbles

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax (Birchave0's sis)

8-3-07 PPI refund Lloyds TSB Loan £1200 + £2900 off loan balance

22-5-07 Halifax *Won* £1025

23-9-07 Goldfish 8k balance written off, £2300 PPI + charges returned, no agreement

Hi birchaveO miss, thanks for the info,

I am struggling to locate the spreadsheert that works out the interest any pointers please?

I have requested the return of (1)PPI and (2)unfair charges....will not accept any fob off re awaiting outcome of court case.....definetely meet the criteria for hardship...arrears of mortgage, owed Gas and Electric sums and a multitude of other of debts.

I was being asked for a income/expenditure to be completed from Abbey on another claim and I am hesitant to complete...I thought it might give them the info to go for bankruptcy....and this I dont want. Any ideas?

any pointers is appreciated.

dandy

This is a credit card PPI you are reclaiming isnt it ?

I will try and find a calculator you can use for monthly premiums.

I dont understand your needing to meet criteria for hardship if you are reclaiming both charges and PPI from credit cards. This would only be necessary if you were claiming from a current account as those charges are subject to the waiver in respect of the OFT v Banks court case.

Will you please confirm that you are reclaiming both charges and PPI from credit cards.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi thanks for the help,

It is a credit card that I am claiming the PPI on and Bank Charges also...but was thinking they will rely on the usual letter to hold me up....but if I am reading your post correctly. the Hardship waiver need only apply to banc accounts. Is this correct?

I have also served Llyods with a SAR re my select account also so I will be prepped up with my hardship claim...I am in arrears with mortgage, arrears on Electricity and Gas acoount as well as Coucil Tax, Struggling on benefits with three children.

I have worked all of my adult life and since my business went into liquidation the debt situation has just went from bad to worse.

Hi thanks for the help,

It is a credit card that I am claiming the PPI on and Bank Charges also...but was thinking they will rely on the usual letter to hold me up....but if I am reading your post correctly. the Hardship waiver need only apply to banc accounts. Is this correct?

I have also served Llyods with a SAR re my select account also so I will be prepped up with my hardship claim...I am in arrears with mortgage, arrears on Electricity and Gas acoount as well as Coucil Tax, Struggling on benefits with three children.

I have worked all of my adult life and since my business went into liquidation the debt situation has just went from bad to worse.

Hi dandy:)

It might be a good idea to start a thread in the 'hardship' forum if you haven't already as you will attract interest and advice from those with expert knowledge in that field - yourbank springs to mind.

Be aware that LTSB are particularly hard nuts to crack in any department and on the hardship front appear to be one of the worst. Mr L and I put a claim for charges in during Feb 2009 under the hardship criteria (we had priority debt arrears too). We have received approx 25 'fob-off' letters over the past few months and only after we passed it to the FOS did LTSB finally issue us with a Final Response letter this month. After all that LTSB turned us down:evil:

It does sound as though you are in a worse position than us though (and Mr L has now given up his business and has a job again, so we are on the up, hopefully!), so its most definitely worth a try. Just be prepared for LTSB to put every obstacle imaginable in your path. If you have a read of some of my (many) LTSB related threads you'll get an idea of their delaying tactics.

If you start a hardship thread, I'll add some further pointers there for you, rather than clogging up your PPI thread!

Good luck!

Regards,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Much appreciated Landy.....I will start a thread or do you think maybe a mod on the site can transfer this.

LTSB....yea I have gethered from the info on this site that there customer services and acknoweldgment of the charges/ppi situation is shocking.

We are struggling at the moment but compared to last year or the year before I would have worried non stop re the debt we are in....but now...no way after you see how the greedy banks have behaved it makes us sick....fight on never give up.

thanks again for the info and support

Dandy