Vanquis Bank - Overkill!!!!!!!!!!!!!

katpuss
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5387 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Applied and got accepted for a Vanquis Credit Card in March with a £250 limit. I used the card almost up to it's limit and then the problems started:

Recevied countless texts, letters and phonecalls even though I responded to each one saying that I had gone over limit due to interest charge. They then charged me £12 for going over limit, £12 for a letter they sent to me.

I called them up to explain that I was suffering from some financial difficulties and could I go into a temporary payment plan. They accepted the £10 per month that I could offer and agreed to suspend interest and charges.

4 days before the first £10 payment was due I received a phonecall on a saturday morning at 8.45am from Vanquis. The bloke on the phone was quite rude saying that my payment was late and that I had to pay now etc etc. I explained to him that the payment was not due for 4 more days, he checked the system notes and apologised saying I was correct and then he proceeded to end the call.

2 days before the payment was due I received a further letter from Vanquis stating that I had not made the payment as per the agreement and that I needed to pay the outstanding amount of £66 approx!

What should I do now as I am getting very frustrated even though I had tried to comply with them?

Thanks

Katpuss

:!: Activ Kapital 2009 - £316 debt cancelled due to no credit agreement

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:D Be Happy and treat people exactly how you would like to be treated

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

:p You only live once so don't take things so seriously

I'd reply explaining what was ageed and that you had every intention of paying the agreed reduced payment but in light of their unreasonable harassment you are considering witholding payment and inviting them to take the matter to court where they may get a judgemnt for £1 a month. Anymore harassment and you will promptly stop further payments.