• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Cardwell -v- Halifax **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have just today lodged my first letter to Halifax plc (by recorded delivery) requesting copies of my account charges for the last six years. I think these may total around £1000/£1500 in total over that time period.

I can see from the forum that many people have been successful. Do you think it likely that I too will be successful as long as I keep to my guns?

I actually had an account closed by them after settling nearly £700 which was all charges about 2 years ago. I no longer have the account details, so am unsure if they will include this in the statments - anyone any ideas?

I will keep you all updated as to how I get on, and congrats to all of you who have succeeded with them, and good luck to the rest of us who are mid-way through or starting out!

Claire

Halifax plc - £1600 WON - received

Halifax plc - £925 WON - received

Halifax plc £370.00 WON - received

Yorkshire Bank - £1290 WON - received for boyfriend

Back to sort out Credit File and get back on track!

HAVE FAITH AND KEEP GOING :p

Have fun with the marker pen going through the statements when they arrive!

Good luck, follow your timetable and you'll be fine. There is no reason why you won't be successful too.

Libertie:)

Halifax prelim 23/5/06, LBA sent 31/5/06, moneyclaim 27/6/06, Halifax intend to defend, halifax paid up!19/7/06:D Donation made.

Amex prelim 22/5/06, LBA sent 5/6/06, Final LBA sent 9/6/06, settled 30/6/06:D Donation made.

Barclaycard prelim 26/5/06, LBA sent 9/6/06......to be contd

HSBC prelim sent 6/9/06, LBA sent 19/9/06, MCOL 12/10/06....

Claire,

as Libertie said welcome, and stick to the timetable and you will be fine

Good luck Amanda

:pAmanda :p

CURRENT ACCOUNT HALIFAX

Data Protection Act sent 21.6.06

Prelim sent 26.6.06 by post and e-mail

offer rejected as full payment £315.00 3.7.06. Willing to accept as Partial .

LBA sent 10.7.06 by post and e-mail

offer rejected as Full payment £946.00 19.7.06. Willing to accept as Partial.

Online Money Claim filed 24.7.06 £3,011 inc int and fee

Issued 25.7.06 (not acknowledged yet)

:!:

Judgement requested 15.8.06, Halicrap Acknowledged 15.8.06!!!! What is going on with them!!!

:mad:

Hi,

I too started my first claim yesterday, with them, so we should be able to follow each others progress and I hope success.

Good Luck

Danes

Halifax

DSAR sent 8/8/06

Received letter 24/8/06 £5 admin fee requested

Letter sent 24/8/06 confirmation

Statements received 29/9/06 calculated £521.50

Letter offering £184.00

Sent Letter agreeing to part payment persue the rest.

Letter received 7/11/06 no refund to be made:x

Nat West

DSAR sent 8/8/06

Telephone call received 3/10/06 awaiting 2nd batch

Statements received 9/10/06

Claimed £2773.00 letter sent 16/10/06

Hang on in there, and you can always come back to the forum for that little extra bit of support when you think they are getting to you..... just remember...it's YOUR money & its our right to claim it back!

Good Luck :D

FIRST DIRECT: £ 1845.11

17/08/2006 - MCOL Acknowleged!

01/09/2006 - Paid in Full - - I WON!!

Intelligent Finance: £ 412.00 (Hubbys Account)

19/06/2006 - DSAR Sent (no reply!)

05/07/2006 - 2nd request DSAR letter

27/07/2006 - Reply 'Your req not covered by Data Protection Act!'

31/07/2006 - Non Compliance letter sent

05/08/2006 - Prelim Sent

09/08/2006 - Reply from bank - 'Our charges are correct blah blah'

03/09/2006 - MCOL Filed

Beneficial Bank Visa £508.82

19/06/2006 - DPAR letter sent

10/08/2006 - Prelim sent

15/08/2006 - Reply from Beneficial, don't agree, matter closed!

17/08/2006 - LBA Sent

02/09/06 - Full Offer Received after partial offer!

Hi all,

I have just today lodged my first letter to Halifax plc (by recorded delivery) requesting copies of my account charges for the last six years. I think these may total around £1000/£1500 in total over that time period.

I can see from the forum that many people have been successful. Do you think it likely that I too will be successful as long as I keep to my guns?

I actually had an account closed by them after settling nearly £700 which was all charges about 2 years ago. I no longer have the account details, so am unsure if they will include this in the statments - anyone any ideas?

I will keep you all updated as to how I get on, and congrats to all of you who have succeeded with them, and good luck to the rest of us who are mid-way through or starting out!

Claire

Hi Claire,

No they will not include it unless you specifically ask them to do so.

If you write to them with as much information as you can remember about that closed account, they should be able to furnish you with the account details. Would be good though if you had something to help them along. Have a dig around and see if you can find an old statement or letter from them.

Good luck! :D

Hi,

Just to update everyone. I received a response from Halifax on Friday 11th saying my statements would follow within 40 days. Yesterday they all turned up (in separate envelopes!!), however only from 2002-2006. I presume I therefore need to go back to them and ask for the missing statements. Charges from 2002-2006 = £998 (excluding interest).

Will keep you updated as to further progress, however was quite shocked by how quickly they arrived!

Claire

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone help please?

I am still missing a bundle of statements from 2000 to 2002 and am getting fobbed off by Halifax. They said they were sent on 23rd August, and they are still not here now!

Should I send the initial letter for payment for the statements which I have from 2003-2006 and do a second claim later for 2000 to 2002, or should I technically wait for them all to arrive? They do have until 18th Sept when the 40 days will expire on the SAR.

What do you think?

Thanks

Claire

Can anyone help please?

I am still missing a bundle of statements from 2000 to 2002 and am getting fobbed off by Halifax. They said they were sent on 23rd August, and they are still not here now!

Should I send the initial letter for payment for the statements which I have from 2003-2006 and do a second claim later for 2000 to 2002, or should I technically wait for them all to arrive? They do have until 18th Sept when the 40 days will expire on the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request).

What do you think?

Thanks

Claire

Email this woman

Many Thanks, have done that.

Claire

Have obtained some further info now.

Apparently the statements are being dealt with separately as the period from 2003-2006 is the account i have now. The period before that 2000-2003 is an old account which has closed.

Should I deal with these under separate claims or deal with it all as one?

I can send my initial request letter today for the account I currently hold if I am to do them under separate claims.

Anyone?

Thanks

Claire

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update. I have lodged my preliminary apporach for repayment last week and received the standard response from Halifax saying will look into within 4 weeks, so LBA set to be posted (by my sister, she better not forget!) on Monday.

Still waiting my missing Statements and managed to speak to a really useful guy who gave me the old account details and told me that they didnt realise the SAR was for this account also!! Advised them the 40 day compliance expired on 18th, and he said he has now put the request in for statements and said I will have these by monday. Unfortunately I will be on holiday so nothing will be done until 25th, but hopefully the missing statements will arrive.

Will keep you posted

Claire

Preliminary offer received for £160 against claim of £1382 ........... think not! Thanks but no thanks!

Also instead of sending me the two years missing statements they have sent me the first two years of this account and said they are waiving the £5 fee! Very kind, but I didn't request these.

Anyway offer will be accepted as part settlement but am giving them a further 14 days to settle in full prior to commencing court proceedings.

Will keep you posted

Claire

• 3 weeks later...

Well Halifax have until today to settle in full otherwise my completed N1 is going to my Local County Court.

Am now claiming £1527 plus interest at 8% if it goes to Court.

Will keep you posted.

Claire

• 2 weeks later...

I WON! YEY!

Received letter from Halifax stating would defend claim, then day after letter received stating funds would be in my account within 5 days. Just waiting on them arriving now, and will then lodge form at Court stating the matter has been settled.

Once funds received donation and survey will be completed.

Thanks for everyone's help, and to those who have any doubt that this works, keep going and you will get your money.

Claire

MOD's - will you change my title please

Congrats!

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

Thank you all for your messages of congrats.

Robinson-Clan, have a read round the site, FAQ's is useful and Bank Templates Library.