Cabot Court Claim *** Claim Settled ***

Nottsdave
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Dave and thank you Joggs,

Ok so forget the SB argument what else was your defence based on?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So

I have no default notice and the last time I turn up at court the DJ said what they had presented was a load of crap

Lots of pages of rubbish and that made no sense, the fact that they never turned up last time didnt go down to well either.

Other than that I pleading total confusion with what they have presented

As a great man once said " All Men Can Fly But Some Only in One Direction"

Notts

Well attend the listings Direction hearing and push that very point sounds like you already have the DJ on your side for starters over this issue....exploit it.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Thanks Andy

I will and I will do my best

Im sure the fact that they never turned up last time and the DJ said these companies buy up debt without understanding what they are getting may go in my favour

Plus last week they changed solicitor.

Notts

Hi

Went to the court today for the Listing and Directions session

While there I was approaced by a weird little legal geek, who offered me a deal for a full and final (original debt 11.5k) he first offered 5k

I told him him to think again as I was looking at 2k we agreed on 3k.

You may think I have bottled out here but the agreement was signed and I felt that if it went to trial I would be liable (If I lost) for costs as well.

While Im not happy with the outcome, the stress and all the crap that goes on with these deadlegs I figure I made the right decision

Notts

Hi

Went to the court today for the Listing and Directions session

While there I was approaced by a weird little legal geek, who offered me a deal for a full and final (original debt 11.5k) he first offered 5k

I told him him to think again as I was looking at 2k we agreed on 3k.

You may think I have bottled out here but the agreement was signed and I felt that if it went to trial I would be liable (If I lost) for costs as well.

While Im not happy with the outcome, the stress and all the crap that goes on with these deadlegs I figure I made the right decision

Oh well - did he offer you a drink??

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Hi

Just received a claim form out of Northampton Bulk for CC debt over 11k.

P.O.C.s are as follows,

The claimant is part of the Cabot Financial Group and has purchased the debt(s) scheduled below. Despite request for payment the defendant has failed to pay the sum of £***** in relation to the defendants Abbey National CC account number ********. And the claimant claims the sum of ******* together with interest under section 69 of the County Courts act 1984 and cost.

Morgans Solicitors.

I cannot see a cause of action in the POC you have posted. - that is to say, no triable issues to be put before a court are discernible. - should be struck out IMO. Cabot simply assert that you have failed to pay a sum of money which they requested from you. - That is nothing unlawful, so far as I can see. How could a judge decide anything based on that?

regards.

Well done Dave

Its a result on a debt of nearly 12K, make sure you get the paperwork or conformation of either withdrawal or discontinuance.

Regards

Andy

Cheers Andy

I will do

I will chase the solicitor for this and I have also asked for a monthly statement which they say they are unable to supply

Well if they cant supply me with a statement then I may have to force the issue

Notts