Clamping signs - are they legal?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to all

Are the clamping signs shown in the picture correct? I thought they were supposed to show a telephone number of the company so you can contact them etc. :confused:

photo.jpg

I'm sorry if this topic has been covered, please can someone advise or post a link to another thread. :|

It doesn't look much like a fire exit to me - a Yale lock fitted on a fire exit door :eek:? Now where did I leave my key?:!:

Thanks

Changy

Probably a hollow threat.

But why would you park in front a pub cellar anyway?

I didn't, I was parked just up from the signs. There are no parking restrictions there at all according to the TROs I just got. That isn't a cellar door at all, the cellar door is at the front of the pub. Ironically, the delivery was taking place at the time of the photo. They claim it is a cellar door and a fire exit! The door has a 5 lever mortice lock and a Yale lock....on a fire door :eek: I don't think so.

The signs went up when the pub realised people were parking there and I was curious about the legality. I want to take it up with the local authority but just wanted to check on the signs before I contacted them.

Apart from anything else there must be a contact phone number for the clamper to be contacted. The case law on clamping states that this should be available 24x7 in order to convey an offer to pay.

But I would have to agree with Al, if this is on a public street they would have to phone the old bill and get the vehicle removed for obstruction.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------