Lloyds TSB get worse..

DerekW
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hello derek

can you help me, im confused and you responses from lloyds might be able to help. I sent my PRELIM letter on the 4th august. Had a response from Lloyds dated 18th August, however, this arrived whilst I ve been away, post marked the lot. Its the Final reply letter, the thing is, I havent sent the letter before action so someone at LLoyds is trying to be smart (Musarat Siddique-Customer Service Officer, Colemore Row), should I still send my LBA letter?

They have jumped the gun and I'm panicing that I've spoffed!

Please help?:eek:

Griff

LTSB- Initial charges breakdown received 07/07/06

( took me a while to get head round all this!)

Sent Prelim letter 04/08/06

Received FInal response 18/08/06

(out of UK- several weeks)

Had no money(on return!)

Moneyclaim filed 09/11/06-

acknowledge of service being filed 23/11/09

Yes send the LBA, stick the tried and tested method regardless of what they say (unless they offer to settle, which they wont until the last minute). Just because they say it's the end of the matter it doesn't mean it is.

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

Mindzai's Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Joint Account - Partial settlement offer rejected

Spreadsheet for compound contractual interest and statutory (s69) interest:

Download v1.9 [Tested with Excel 97-2007 and OpenOffice 2]

PLEASE NOTE: You should fully research contractual interest before you use that functionality of this spreadsheet. If in any doubt please use it to calculate 8% interest under s69 County Courts Act 1984.

Hi Michael

Yes I have looked at those other acounts, but it's quite another story! Nationwide said flat "no" and NatWest....well....

I applied online, sent the proof of identity documents and application back. A week later got a letter saying that the Inland Revenue statement of account that I sent was not proof of ID as it was not for the current tax year, even though the letter was dated July 2006. I wasn't aware that you could get a statement of account for the current tax year, because it isn't due yet!!!!

So I took it to the local branch along with my driving licence and other utility bills and asked them to verify my identity and send it, which they did by internal mail. A week later, another letter saying the "lending department" (although I had asked for a basic account with no credit) hadn't received anything.

Soooo.... I went back to the branch, got my driving licence and other documents notarized and stamped by the branch staff and posted it all myself. 3rd time lucky? Guess what? A week later I got another letter from the "lending department" saying they could not accept the documents I had provided. I rang to ask why and they said that "the lending department have different requirements for documentation than a branch".

Now considering I have a business account with NatWest anyway registered under my name and at the same address, what the hell would it take to convince them who I am??

After a heated conversation with the "lending department" who wanted me to go through the whole stupid process again I gave up and threw the application in the bin. Even if I had proved my identity they would probably have still turned it down like Nationwide did!

What a load of *ankers. (That's not a "B"!)

DerekW

Rock On!

-------------------

Lloyds TSB - Claiming £1645

8 August - Prelim + Schedule Sent

10 August - Overdraft facility withdrawn(!)

15 August - SOD OFF Arrived

21 August - LBA Sent

25 August - "Final Response" letter received

4 September - Claim filed at local court.

13th September - Claim deemed served

15th September - Acknowledgment of service filed (SCM)

7th October - Defence filed + AQ received

16th October - AQ filed at local court

22nd November - Court date set for 22nd February 2007

30 November - Full Settlement Accepted

Yes send the LBA, stick the tried and tested method regardless of what they say (unless they offer to settle, which they wont until the last minute). Just because they say it's the end of the matter it doesn't mean it is.

However, if they have said it is thier final response, maybe you could go straight into the claim? Not sure how a judge would view that, but I would sent the LBA to be sure as Mindzai says. Don't complicate things for the sake of 14 days!

DerekW

Rock On!

-------------------

21 August - LBA Sent

You'd be best to give them the 14 days anyway. If it goes to court you'll need to be able to prove you tried to enter into a sincere dialogue with the bank in an attempt to settle. Giving them 28 days intotal makes you look good and the bank look bad when they won't enter into dialogue in that time.

PLEASE NOTE: You should fully research contractual interest before you use that functionality of this spreadsheet. If in any doubt please use it to calculate 8% interest under s69 County Courts Act 1984.

Sorry to sound silly but if lloyds just cancelled my od facility i`d been in real deep water ?

Dont they have to give notice or can they just cancel it ?

I've always had the impression a bank can cancel or reduce an overdraft at any time with no notice.

It caused by brother-in-law's firm to go bust; it needed extra cash, the partners all took out second mortgages to raise the funds, and as soon as the money was paid in the bank reduced the firm's overdraft.

So be sure you have the funds available to pay the court fee and AQ fee. It would be a pity if the bank's cutting off your overdraft had the coincidental effect of preventing you paying the necessary court fees to continue your legal action against them

Tim

Hi All,

No sure if this is normal after the LBA stage, but I had a call from a nice man at Lloyds TSB today wanting to "help me sort out my account".

I wasn't sure what his agenda was so I wasn't giving him any information at first, then it transpired that he was in Brighton and was enquiring as to how I would like to pay off my outstanding overdraft - suggesting monthly repayments and loosely threatening to close the account if I didn't agree. I said that there wouldn't be any need for repayments as I was claiming the entire amount of my charges back through the courts which would cover the entire overdraft.

At that point he started going through the account picking out individual charges and tentatively suggested they may be able to "do something about that". I made it quite clear that unless they refunded all of the charges in full I would be issuing a court claim very shortly and was not interested in any goodwill gestures.

He didn't seem surprised. I wonder if it really was someone trying to arrange an overdraft repayment or testing the water to see how far I was prepared to go? Either way, I left them in no doubt!

It was left with him saying that they would not be persuing repayment of the overdraft until the dispute over charges was settled. Has anyone else had this kind of approach?

Should have enough money for the court fee shortly so will be starting the claim on Monday...

DerekW

Rock On!

-------------------

21 August - LBA Sent

Yep I had exactly the same response from the Brighton collection center too. I also told them they'd be getting nothing as the entire debt is made of charges which I'm shortly suing them for, and they pretty much left it at that.

Looks like we're in the same boat at the same point up the river! :-) Can't see why they bother dragging it out so long - they know they're going to lose in the end, must be costing them a fortune in solicitors and manpower.

DerekW

Rock On!

-------------------

21 August - LBA Sent

They drag it out right to the wire because, inevitably a number of claimants drop out at each prevaricational stage. They get fed up with the waiting, they get scared they might lose or whatever but for whatever reason a percentage of claimants do drop out so the longer they wait the more money they save.

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

Yes I guess you're right.

Maybe a notice in the FAQ section here should read "please don't start unless you are sure you want to go all the way to court" - every one that gives up half way through makes it harder for the rest of us. If no-one gave up, the banks might get the message!

DerekW

Rock On!

-------------------

21 August - LBA Sent

Hi all,

Can someone help me and tell me where I need to send my letter asking them to pay back my charges along with the spreadsheet. I received the statements from Birmingham. Should I sedn the letter to Birmingham or does someone know of a correct address. many thanks.

Erpw

They drag it out right to the wire because, inevitably a number of claimants drop out at each prevaricational stage. They get fed up with the waiting, they get scared they might lose or whatever but for whatever reason a percentage of claimants do drop out so the longer they wait the more money they save.

Pete

Although in our case the longer they take means the more they end up paying as we ARE taking it all the way and the interest keeps mounting up ;)

Hi all,

Can someone help me and tell me where I need to send my letter asking them to pay back my charges along with the spreadsheet. I received the statements from Birmingham. Should I sedn the letter to Birmingham or does someone know of a correct address. many thanks.

Yes Birmingham is fine, its where I send mine.

Hi there

What is AQ? I am totally new to this.

I got my reply to my Data Protection letter today, saying that Lloyds are registered at Swallow House PO Box 139, B1 2AL (and not where I sent it to) when that is not even registered at www.esd.informationcommissioner.gov.uk but I guess that is there way of putting me off at the first hurdle.

Not sure if this is normal after the LBA stage, but I had a call from a nice man at Lloyds TSB today wanting to "help me sort out my account".

At least you got a phone call from a nice man at Lloyds TSB. I'm helping my son out at the moment with his problems with Lloyds TSB. Prelim letter was sent 15/08/06. He's had an acknowledgement dated 18/08/06, and then a few days later a woman phoned from Customer Service Recovery Centre at Colmore Row threatening (and I Quote) black listing, account closure and further action. My son asked her to speak with me and handed me the telephone. I explained to her that the matter was (supposedly) being dealt with by Customer Services at Colmore Row, and suggested that she shouldn't continue the conversation in this manner. She refused to speak with me insisting that I put my son back on the phone (which I did) and continued with the threats. :mad: Perhaps LLoyds TSB should ask their own staff to read their Customer Services leaflet "How to voice your concerns"!

I've noticed on a few threads comments about accounts opened before the account holder was 18. Does this shed a different light on the subject? My sons account started out as an under 16's account and has just continued from there. He's never had a debit card for this account (Only a cashcard fir the atm) or completed any kind of credit agreement with Lloyds.

He's not challenging a massive amount but it has so far reached a total of £169.69 for an unpaid direct debit, which attracted a £35 charge which caused a further bounced DD. (moved the DD to his other bank at this point) and so on. We went into the bank over the first bounced DD because the only reason the DD wasn't paid was it took 4 days for money transfered on the internet from one lloyds account to another! We were told it was normal for an internal transfer to take this long.:o

Helping my son

LTSB £201.23

Prelim letter sent 15/08/06

Acknowledgement from LTSB dated 18/08/06

LBA sent 31/08/06

LTSB rejection/final response dated 1/09/06

Moneyclaim 19/09/06

on the subject of brighton call centre and them calling in overdrafts, this is pretty much how i woke and smelled the coffee and why im taking action against lloyds.

Back in April i decided i wanted to get my finances in order, was making to some changes to my pension and whilst chatting with helpful Financial advisor in Lloyds ( she really was!), she said I should have had an account relationship premier manager all these years and had ai never had a revirew with anyone? no says i.

To cut a story short, I had a meeting with a guy who helped my 're-organise' m,y accounts. I wanted to reduce my overdraft so he said ai should make an agreed payment every month, and NOT TO WORRY cos if i could knock a bit off one month it would be fine, the facility was still there.

Little did i know, he put some hex like computer stoppages on my account that meant the overdraft was automatically reducing every month, and on the 1 month when i wasnt going to have extra funds i was charged to the hilt ( 170quid!!).

In i went to speak with him, thinking it was a mistake, nope!

Even though i had been given a 1550 facility till 2007, it was reducing by 150 a month nonetheless!

The charlottan had moved on and the poor cow who had took his place was powerless to do anything, as because of the charges it had put a black mark against my account.

Thats why i started this and why i will finish it. Bloody lying frigger!!

So if anyone deals with a 'Premier Manager' by the name of Rob Hislop, tell him to get his head out of the banks arse and kiss mine!

Griff

Had no money(on return!)

on the subject of brighton call centre and them calling in overdrafts, this is pretty much how i woke and smelled the coffee and why im taking action against lloyds.

Back in April i decided i wanted to get my finances in order, was making to some changes to my pension and whilst chatting with helpful Financial advisor in Lloyds ( she really was!), she said I should have had an account relationship premier manager all these years and had ai never had a revirew with anyone? no says i.

To cut a story short, I had a meeting with a guy who helped my 're-organise' m,y accounts. I wanted to reduce my overdraft so he said ai should make an agreed payment every month, and NOT TO WORRY cos if i could knock a bit off one month it would be fine, the facility was still there.

Little did i know, he put some hex like computer stoppages on my account that meant the overdraft was automatically reducing every month, and on the 1 month when i wasnt going to have extra funds i was charged to the hilt ( 170quid!!).

In i went to speak with him, thinking it was a mistake, nope!

Even though i had been given a 1550 facility till 2007, it was reducing by 150 a month nonetheless!

The charlottan had moved on and the poor cow who had took his place was powerless to do anything, as because of the charges it had put a black mark against my account.

Thats why i started this and why i will finish it. Bloody lying frigger!!

So if anyone deals with a 'Premier Manager' by the name of Rob Hislop, tell him to get his head out of the banks arse and kiss mine!

Griff

Had no money(on return!)

Hi All

A quick question:

I will be filing my claim at the court on Monday, I have just checked the account to find that they have taken yet another £35 returned direct debit charge today.

Should I submit my claim for the amount that was on my schedule that I have sent to them already with the prelim and the LBA, or shoud I add this new charge as well when I file it at the court?

Any help on this very much appreciated!

Thanks

DerekW

Rock On!

-------------------

21 August - LBA Sent

I'd add the charge.

Thanks - I have added it. The whole claim comes to nearly £2000 with that charge and the interest added.

All printed and ready to go on Monday :-)

DerekW

Rock On!

-------------------

21 August - LBA Sent

I know I am very new, and at the early stages but someone please reply to me. The other day I said:

"What is AQ? I am totally new to this.

I got my reply to my Data Protection letter today, saying that Lloyds are registered at Swallow House PO Box 139, B1 2AL (and not where I sent it to) when that is not even registered at www.esd.informationcommissioner.gov.uk but I guess that is there way of putting me off at the first hurdle".

Didn't get chance to ring the DP number on Friday but really want to know why I got a sarcastic letter saying I should write somewhere else where they deal with personal banking queries of this nature, when the address they have now given is not even listed with DP. I will not be writing to it, no matter what Lloyds says until DP have been notified by me that Lloyds are giving out an address not even registered with DP. He even had the nerve to call my letter UNDATED. Yes it WAS, but a member of his team had stamped it received on 30/08/06, it was sent recorded delivery, AND my cheque for the £10 DP fee was dated 29/08/06, so it does not take Einstein to work out when I sent it. Cheeky bugger. Can't wait to reply to him, to say what part of the air did he pick that address from?!?!?!?!?

/

Hi Balbadier

An AQ is an Allocation Questionaire which is used in the later stages of the court claim. Please read the FAQ section which should answer all your questions - as it did mine when I first started!

I don't know anything about that address, I've used the Colmore Road Birmingham one in most of my correspondence - it all seems to end up there anyway.

Undated!? That's new one, they're getting desperate for excuses now :-)

DerekW

Rock On!

-------------------

21 August - LBA Sent