Lost Reminder and V5

chocolatelover1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5427 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey there, just a quick query. I have misplaced my reminder to tax letter and my v5. All i have is my mot and insurance details. Am i right in thinking i cant tax my car, either online or at the post office? Only asking cos my tax was due today and although i have ordered the replacement v5 over the phone it can take up to 5 days to come and my car is sitting on the street untaxed! any ideas?

You can now keep and use the vehicle on the road without a valid VEL displayed for 5 days as long as the tax was applied for before the existing tax disc expired.

You will be commiting an offence if you continue to use the vehicle or keep it on the road after the first 5 days of the month

These new regs came into effect on 1st September 2008.

You are advised to display your expired disc.

I think that rule only applies if you have applied on-line before your current disk expired Conniff. ANyway, as it is already past the 1st of the month and the OP hasn't yet applied for one, the rule won't apply.

So long as you're shown as the registered keeper on DVLA's records you can tax the car at a local DVLA office by completing a V65 paying the £25 fee for a duplicate V5, and completing a V10 (application to tax a motor vehicle) and providing MOT and insurance certificates. You can also do it by post but this is much slower.

If you're not on their records yet, you'll need to wait for the V5 to arrive and definitely need to move the car off the road.