• Tweets

• quite honestly id email shiply CEO with that crime ref number and state you will be taking this to court, for the full sum of your losses, if it is not resolved ASAP. should that be necessary then i WILL be naming Shiply as the defendant. this can be avoided should the information upon whom the courier was and their current new company contact details, as the present is simply LONDON VIRTUAL OFFICES  is a company registered there and there's a bunch of other invisible companies so clearly just a mail address   
    • If it doesn’t sell easily : what they can get at an auction becomes fair market price, which may not realise what you are hoping.
    • Thank you. The receiver issue is a rabbit hole I don't think I'm going to enjoy going down. These people seem so protected. And I don't understand how or why?  Fair market value seems to be ever shifting and contentious.
    • Hungary is attempting to be a world power in manufacturing electric vehicle batteries, despite locals' reservations.View the full article
    • You can't, but you can (and really should) bring up the point that the lender isn't meeting their legal obligations in selling the property for fair market value. You'll have to do this in court, though. A receiver is bought in by the lender, not you. If they're a registered insolvency practitioner, you may be able to raise a complaint to the insolvency service but there are no guarantees here. Many receivers are also registered with the RICS and self-regulate so if you know the name of the receiver you can check there, again no guarantees. https://www.rics.org/surveyor-careers/career-development/accreditations/registered-property-receivership-scheme
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mbna and Aegis Harrasment

daisydeb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5381 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

my husband has been having problems paying credit card due to his wages being reduced and i was diagnosed with cancer He was quick to tell mbna of our problems and asked if they could reduce interest rate and accept lower payments at first they said no because of rescent spends on the account. yes we used the card for living expenses when i was having a lot of treatment in hospital the last thing he thought of was money when i was having my operations.We have been their customer for 10 years we asked if they would except £100 a month to show we were not ignoring them and we have done that they said that it was not a formal arrangement but took the money anyway then said they could possibly help in 3 months they asked us to fill in an budget form they did this and said they said we could not afford it and yes it was a real struggle to pay £100.A week later they rang and said they would not accept the offer that they had worked out we could pay .

As soon as i put down the phone it rang It was Aegis (I have already written to Mbna asking mbna and Aegis to contact by letter only so that hadnt worked He asked the normal security questions then said I must pay £57 now I said I did not want to pay Aegis any payments I would make a payment Mbna he said we know who you are and then told me my husbands personal details where he works mobile number etc so I could pay him I said no he said right I will put iton your account that you refuse to pay I put the phone down I was really upset he then kept ringing but i would not answer it I rang Mbna told them what had happened paid them because i was so upset and struggled to pay essential bills that week.Just like to say that other creditors have been understanding of how cancer can affect families Mbna Could not care less But they did try to sell ppi to cover my husband to care for me if he is off work !!!!!

Hi and Welcome

Sorry that you have been ill and I understand what it's like when someone has cancer everything else is put to one side, I had my OH having operations galore last year and the early part of this year and it is the last thing you want. The main thing is the health of you and your OH.

You need to report them to the OFT and Trading Standards even your MP if you think he can help.

Don't answer the security questions when they ask you. Also if this card is only in your hubbys name they should not have discussed anything with you due to the Data Protection.

These idiots prey on people like you who want to do the right thing and keep paying even when you know it's going to be very difficult. I found it very hard trying to find money to pay the bills etc., when I was paying out £25 in parking for just a few days when the OH was in hospital.

I would suggest that you send off the CCA request to them it may just shut them up for a while.

You could also change your number and have it ex directory at no cost if you are with BT thats what I did (changed within 24 hours.)

If your with BT you can also do the call barring number on them although this does cost after the first month.

If you can afford it truecall is worth investing in.

You must try to avoid speaking to them on the phone as they will just keep on putting the pressure on you to pay they are just low life.

You could also send them the telephone harrassment letter.

When you write to them do not use your normal signature just type it or use initials.

Always tell them all communication must be in writing.

I know it's not easy but try to keep smiling you are among friends on the forum and any help we can give we will.

DG:)

• Haha 2

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Thanks for replying its nice to know that you have someone to give you some support I did send them a harrasment letter and asked them to communicate by letter only they stopped for about a month then i got the nasty call from Aegis Mbna say they cant stop them when I owe them money.

got a copy of my credit card application from them its very small can hardly read the terms with a magnifying glass I was a additional card holder but it doesnt say that on the application. I noticed that ppi was not ticked, mbna have said they rang my husband and he agreed over the phone.His mbna card changed to American Express a couple of years ago he again said no to ppi but it was still charged mbna said we rang you and your husband agreed to to it every time and when you tried to cancel we persuaded you to keep it I have found out that they were changing ppi on the old card yet when he asked to cancel they were looking at the America Express they are so sneaky

Edited by daisydeb

Daisydeb

The law states they cannot phone you more than once in any one day.

I still think you should report them and I am sure that others that come along later will say exactly the same. I am sure someone will come up with some other letter that you can send, in fact I'll have think about one over the weekend when I have more time.

Have you CCAd them yet? They may not have an enforceable agreement.

I would strongly recommend that you do that.

Is there any payment protection on this card or any charges that you can claim back?

Please don't make yourself ill worrying about them. As I said you among friends on this forum who will help you every step of the way. If you just want a chat you can always PM me we are all just a click away.

hi i have a copy of the credit card application from them last week I have asked for all my statements they said they would respond by the 8th August i want to ppi them because of how they have treated us if nothing else not sure what to do though i am a bit thick i just thought to get everying about the account together first I will try not to worry to much infact going to see friends this weekend to take my mind off things

So glad for that you go and have a good rest and forget all about them.

When you have everything together post everything up and we will all have a look at what they send you but don't forget to remove all your personal details first.

Nobody is thick, you found this forum and will everyones help you will take these low life to the cleaners.

Have a good weekend.

mbna card taken out in 1999 i asked for a list of ppi charges from 1999 to present day they have sent me a letter listing the charges from 2002 as they say they havent got the statements prior to thatto get the information from. the charges from 2002 add up to over £1600 .what do i do now to claim back ppi thanks