Stopping a charge

bluestwo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have just recieved my bank statement and I have a charge of £38 going out on 12th August for a unpaid dd.

The dd was for £5.50 and there was just under £2.00 in the account (this was due to another charge that went out that I had forgot about) my wages went in the next day which have been doing for the last 6 years.

Is it possible to stop them taking this charge it seems unfair for the sake of £3.50?

I'm not very good on a phone so if anyone could help with a letter that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

If you haven't had a charge refunded on the account before as a gesture of goodwill then ask the question and mention that it was for a small amount. Otherwise you will have to go through the standard reclaim method.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let you know I wrote to natwest and asked them about stopping the charge and explained it would cause me hardship if they took the charge, but there reply was there was no error on their side so the charge stands. What I didn't realise until looking properly was I had 2 charges going out the second was from the same day for a second d/d they didn't pay so a total of £76 was taken from my account yesterday.

So thats me skint now until next friday but they won't catch me out again as I am canceling every d/d I have with them. I have another account with Barclays which I don't use but their charge for returning a d/d is only £8.00 so I going to set up a transfer for money to be sent each week to cover the bills and I'm going to write to Natwest and tell them this.

I am so angry I don't earn much and they have just taken half of it:mad: