Anyone with any experience with Marbles?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5025 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks again for responding Priority One! I think for peace of mind that i've done "something" i'd like to send them a response. I think i'm right in saying that there would be absolutely no way they'd win a court case against me with just a bunch of statements and no credit agreement. But i'd like them to know that I know what i'm talking about and their "opinions" and "recommendations" are a load of BS. So any help with a draft reply would be very much appreciated!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks again for responding Priority One! I think for peace of mind that i've done "something" i'd like to send them a response. I think i'm right in saying that there would be absolutely no way they'd win a court case against me with just a bunch of statements and no credit agreement. But i'd like them to know that I know what i'm talking about and their "opinions" and "recommendations" are a load of BS. So any help with a draft reply would be very much appreciated!

Ok, no probs. I'll dig one out for you and post it up later... :-)

Ok.... have just drafted up another one.... d*mmit!! lol

Dear xxxxx

Your Ref: xxxxx

I do not acknowledge any debt to your company or to any company you claim to represent.

Further to your letter of xx/xx/xx, I have noted the comments therein and the fact that you remain unable to support any legal right to continue demanding payment on an unsubstantiated debt because HFC/Cabot do not in fact have a contractually assignable, legally enforceable Consumer Credit Agreement pertaining to myself and/or to an alleged debt. I therefore suggest that in future, you liaise with HFC directly over your purchase of this account, since the problem seems to lie with HFC's internal procedures and not with me.

I am also confident that Cabot are in fact aware of their legal obligations under The Consumer Credit Act 1974 after all and as such, respectfully suggest that in future, you do not try and provide me with any more "opinions" that a debt exists in the continued absence of any enforceable paperwork that says so.

Please be advised that should you now persist with demanding payment of an unsubstantiated debt, including a whack of unsubstantiated interest/charges, that I will have no alternative but to report your company to every regulatory body in sight including but not limited to, The Office of Fair Trading, Consumer Direct and the Financial Crimes Branch of HM Treasury. Please also be advised that any legal action that you may be contemplating in the continued absence of an enforceable Consumer Credit Agreement, will be vigorously defended and treated as both unlawful and vexatious.

I trust that I've now made my position abundantly clear and look forward to receiving written confirmation that your files are now closed.

Yours sincerely

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up Priority One - your letter worked a treat. Had quite a lovely morning yesterday of one letter from Cabot, stating that they do indeed know that they can't "enforce" anything through a court without a valid CCA and are still trying to locate it from Marbles. So they have AGAIN placed my account on hold. They did go on to say that they "recommend" that I pay because the debt is still chasable by them...........think i'll just ignore and file this one. Also had a letter from DLC, totally seperate from this thread but also made my morning because they'd been getting Aplins on to me threatening court action, in spite of me paying for a debt = a few tennis letters back and forth has made them realise that what i'm paying is sufficient and are continuing to accept my token payment. Good morning all round I think! :@)

• Haha 1